Menu

There is a DITHOR social group but it has had no activity. I am a member of the yahoo group but I hardly participate. It is a GREAT group, everyone is very encouraging and friendly but it drives me crazy because the messages are very rarely snipped and it's just too, too much to wade through. It is very confusing at times because I get lost in the excess.

A social group sounds good to me!

A social group sounds fun!! I agree that the yahoo group is a lot to wade through. There are many FS posts and people keep responding onlist instead of offlist despite those little reminders that pop up every so often. I wish the yahoo group would make a separate for sale list like TruthQuest and IEW did. I'm done buying and selling for the time being and I'd love to just hang out. :D

I believe Carmen is asking if we should have a WTM social group for HOD users. If you click on "Community" at the top of this page you will see a section for "Social Groups". From there, you can see various groups that have formed here on the WTM forum.

The Drawn Into the Heart of Reading group was a great idea but there hasn't been any participation. Coffeefreak set it up for us. I personally LOVE the idea and would really appreciate it if we could work on this group a bit. I have many books that I could use with DITHOR already but I don't always know what genre they fit into. It would be nice to have a place to go to find out if anyone else has identified the genre of the book(s) that I'm considering assigning to the kiddos.

That group is called DITHOR Genre Ideas. You should be able to search for it and find it easily. I think I will plan some time this week to list some of our Sonlight books there. I have six SL cores and parts of a seventh, I think I could identify the genre of most of those books but there are some that I don't know quite how to label.

Edited by Donna T.

Okay... it looks like we might stick to HOD for quite some time instead of switching to a secular program (our families religious views have been shifting a bit). I think a social group would be nice as we get into the more advanced levels. I am no good at keeping up on the yahoo group either, so I thought it was an idea. Hopefully we can keep it going, as there seems to be a lot of HOD lovers here. :D

image.php?groupid=150&dateline=1310557003Heart of Dakota Social group

image.php?groupid=123&dateline=1282073223&type=groupthumbDITHOR Genre Ideas

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Well, we are off to a start now. I just approved 6 more members. Sorry it took me a while. I have been vomiting today. :ack2:

Donna, I really like HOD but so far the science seems to be more of a history supplement than a science program to us... so I am not sure if we will keep it.

I believe Carmen is asking if we should have a WTM social group for HOD users. If you click on "Community" at the top of this page you will see a section for "Social Groups". From there, you can see various groups that have formed here on the WTM forum.

The Drawn Into the Heart of Reading group was a great idea but there hasn't been any participation. Coffeefreak set it up for us. I personally LOVE the idea and would really appreciate it if we could work on this group a bit. I have many books that I could use with DITHOR already but I don't always know what genre they fit into. It would be nice to have a place to go to find out if anyone else has identified the genre of the book(s) that I'm considering assigning to the kiddos.

That group is called DITHOR Genre Ideas. You should be able to search for it and find it easily. I think I will plan some time this week to list some of our Sonlight books there. I have six SL cores and parts of a seventh, I think I could identify the genre of most of those books but there are some that I don't know quite how to label.

I'm not using DITHOR but I am using the genre idea and many of the books. I should poke over there. Humor is a hard one to identify but I've got a couple different ideas not on the official list.