Menu

Pinterest Addicts

cjbeach

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally figured a little bit of pinterest out.

Curious, who are people's followers? Are they real friends or just people that started following your board. I noticed that some people have over 100 followers....I don't think any of my friends use pinterest. I am so out of the loop , and frankly I feel like a dork. Do you just follow other people's boards or is their pinterest etiquette?

I'm avoiding things I should be doing by getting addicted to pinterest:tongue_smilie:

I have a bunch of people I don't know following me and the same is true for the other way too...I follow lots of boards (esp those that post a lot of homeschool stuff). You just follow those people who (p)interest you :tongue_smilie:

I'm just added bunches of boards to follow. You ladies have such good ideas!! Here's me... http://pinterest.com/Mert1234/

FYI, for those who didn't want to share because of personal info on your Pinterest profile... You can change it. I wasn't going to add folks from my message boards at first so I used mine and my family members real names. It was very easy to go back and change it all.

Also, someone mentioned that she didn't want to give out her info for us to follow her, but that she was following others. Anyone that you're following can see your whole profile.

I'm having so much fun with this. At some point, I'm going to have to get off the computer and actually USE some of these great ideas!! :D

I am having the hardest time dragging bookmarklet to my toolbar. I am feeling so dumb. I can't figure out how to pin something, how to add a board, anything!

Help!

This took me awhile to figure out. I was never able to get onto my tool bar, but I could save it under favorites bar.

Now, if I am doing a google search and I find an image I like I click the image. Once I have the image isolated I go to my favorites grop down menu and click the "Pinit" button. That has worked for me.

So again, it is not on my actual tool bar, but it is in the drop down menu!

Hope that helps someone :)

Literary Mom introduced me to Pinterest a few days ago, and I am hooked. Smitten. Very Enthusiastic Indeed. Loving all the schooling, home, and cooking links from all of you out there.

Thanks, Elle M.!!!!

http://pinterest.com/paliendrome/

-hs-ing mama to three

Loving having you there...and now I'll know what to get you for special occasions :)

Btw, I started following many of your boards from this thread!

Edited by Elle M.
added a sentence

Thank you (I think) for starting this thread! :D

I hadn't heard of Pinterest until I saw your post. I love to organize & this would help the mess of Favorites I've saved!

I've had so much fun looking through all the links everyone has posted here.

Anyone willing to send me an invitation? Pretty please.:)

I hadn't heard of Pinterest until I saw your post. I love to organize & this would help the mess of Favorites I've saved!

Edited to say: I got an invite!! Thanks for the offers, ladies. Now I can declutter my bookmarks. It won't take much time, right... LOL

Thanks!

Georgia

Edited by Georgia in NC
got an invite!

Two ways:

1. Whenever you go to the Pinterest home page (or click the Pinterest logo), it shows you the newest pins of all the people/boards you're following. (you're only seeing everyone's pins when you click "Everything")

2. To see just see one person's pins at a time that you're following, click on their name to go to their profile, and then on the top menu, click ___ pins (the blank is however many pins they've pinned) and it's sorted by newest pins first.

I think that's what you were asking...