Menu

Pinterest Addicts

cjbeach

I'm addicted.

HOWEVER one + note to come out of my pinterest addiction is the homeschool "stuff." There are lots of homeschool room ideas there. Also (and this is huge for me) I put in terms like Kindergarten, First Grade, etc... and found pics with links to teacher blogs with some REALLY creative teachers doing some pretty cool things. Especially for the younger grades, the teacher ideas are adorable.

I have a Kindy guy this year and there are some many Kindergarten teacher blogs and ideas I could drive myself batty. So, so cute.

Haven't been to pinterest yet? It's http://www.pinterest.com - AKA "Kat's biggest time suck."

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cow! I thought the hive took up a lot of my time. I had never even heard of Pinterest before. What a cool site! Thanks for all the links. (I think. :) )

Edited by SEGway
unexplainable bold font :)

OK, I must be really dense or it's past my bedtime, but how do I join?:confused:

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you an invite. Right now, it's invite only...you can request to be on the waitlist, but it was taking forever, so I hunted down a friend who I knew was already a member and had her invite me :P

I am a member, and I don't get what to do at all. Can someone "pinterest for dummies" me?

Anna it is my excuse for never buying another home decor magazine!!!! It is a 2 part tool. First you are supposed to download the Pin It icon to your favorites bar. Then whenever you come across something on a blog or google image shearch you can pin it to pinnterest for others to see. The boards are like your idea/creaticity centers. I would often cut out images from magazines to inspire me...now I don't have to!

On a side note...I haven't been able to get my Pin It button to work :glare:. I still love it for the boards, but it would be nice to be able to pin some images.

Another addict...dh says it is my new hobby.

http://pinterest.com/timbosbeautiful/

Info for those who were asking...it is a virtual board of all my bookmarks. For me this is great because we have multiple computers and I don't like my computer "cluttered" with things. Now I can bookmark things on pintrest and find them no matter what computer I am using.

I love it for recipes because I don't want to print them out (again I don't need more clutter).

I love that I can organize things by theme to help when I am searching for things plus I am a visual person so seeing things helps jog my memory.

I *LOVE* Pinterest....but alas...I'm still waiting on an invite as well (and have been for almost 2 weeks:/ I've only been able to browse, but I'd LOVE to pin things to a folder, to save and eventually re create:) Does anyone have an invite they'd like to share?

I *LOVE* Pinterest....but alas...I'm still waiting on an invite as well (and have been for almost 2 weeks:/ I've only been able to browse, but I'd LOVE to pin things to a folder, to save and eventually re create:) Does anyone have an invite they'd like to share?

Just PM me your email addy and I will send one over :)

That goes for anyone...I had originally requested an invite directly and waited and waited and waited...finally had a friend invite me :) I just need your email in order to send an invite and you can join instantly :D

I can't seem to get anything to work either. It seems really buggy to me. I went to everyone's board on this thread and clicked follow, but none of them show up on my page. I tried pinning something with the pin it button, but it's not showing up either. It seems like a really neat site, but I can't get it to work.

I finally figured a little bit of pinterest out.

Curious, who are people's followers? Are they real friends or just people that started following your board. I noticed that some people have over 100 followers....I don't think any of my friends use pinterest. I am so out of the loop , and frankly I feel like a dork. Do you just follow other people's boards or is their pinterest etiquette?

I'm avoiding things I should be doing by getting addicted to pinterest:tongue_smilie: