Menu

Pinterest Addicts

cjbeach

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am stealing Literary Mom's whole, entire, glorious BACON board :drool5:.

Just saying...

You are welcome to it - bacon is too good to keep to oneself (and impossible with a husband and three kids!) :lol:

Seriously, though, you've got to try the maple bacon kettle corn I repinned - we made a meal out of that and root beer floats on family movie night this week. And always keep a jar of drippings in the fridge - a few spoonfuls of that and apple cider vinegar were the key ingredients in my stew of greens, beets, potatoes, and shredded beef I made today in the crockpot.

Seriously, though, you've got to try the maple bacon kettle corn I repinned - we made a meal out of that and root beer floats on family movie night this week. And always keep a jar of drippings in the fridge - a few spoonfuls of that and apple cider vinegar were the key ingredients in my stew of greens, beets, potatoes, and shredded beef I made today in the crockpot.

Oh, yeah... definately going to try it. :D

We are Bacon Lovers for sure.

Just curious, do you have to join through Facebook or twitter, or can you just sign up with an email account? I'd love to share this with my sister, but she only has email. When I got my invite, it appeared that there were no options without fb or twitter. :confused:

Just curious, do you have to join through Facebook or twitter, or can you just sign up with an email account? I'd love to share this with my sister, but she only has email. When I got my invite, it appeared that there were no options without fb or twitter. :confused:

Yes, you do, but it takes about 5 seconds to sign up for Twitter and she can make up an alias and/or never use her account. That's what I told my mom to do :)

Edited by Elle M.
typo

No, you don't, because I didn't want it linked to my (now deactivated) Facebook account.

And...good gravy, but I :001_wub: Pinterest. I try to limit myself to visiting only 2-3x a week. Ahem.

I'm going to have to go through this thread a little later, but I'm >here< on Pinterest. I have a few homeschool-related boards, too - and one just with pictures of wolves, for my dd10. :001_smile:

Would you mind sharing how you signed up without fb or twitter? I would love to get my sis addicted too. :hurray: thanks! :001_smile:

It was a couple months ago, and when I received my invite, there was an option (which, if I recall correctly, really was an option - not a requirement) to sign up using FB, or to create an account without any other social media account. However, I'm not sure if that's changed, or if I'm completely misremembering! :001_huh: When I look up sign up procedures now, it does say that they require FB or Twitter. I'd send her an invite and see if she can create an account anyway. Can't hurt, right?

(I googled "sign up for pinterest without facebook or twitter" and some of the results affirm that it was at least possible in the past; whether they've changed it, I don't know.)

It was a couple months ago, and when I received my invite, there was an option (which, if I recall correctly, really was an option - not a requirement) to sign up using FB, or to create an account without any other social media account. However, I'm not sure if that's changed, or if I'm completely misremembering! :001_huh: When I look up sign up procedures now, it does say that they require FB or Twitter. I'd send her an invite and see if she can create an account anyway. Can't hurt, right?

(I googled "sign up for pinterest without facebook or twitter" and some of the results affirm that it was at least possible in the past; whether they've changed it, I don't know.)

They must have changed it because when I invited my mom, there was no other option for her to sign up. But like I said before, it takes like 30 seconds to create a Twitter account that you never have to even use. Make up an alias if you're concerned about privacy - same would be true on Pinterest anyway since it's public.

I've starting liking pins instead of immediately repinning them. Periodically, I sort through my likes and start by repinning the ideas I will use the soonest or that I like the most. It's a faster way to save everything that catches my eye, while also giving me a chance to check links for accuracy (there are a lot of bad URLs - sometimes I track down the right one if I really really like it). Happy Pinning! :)

Edited by Elle M.
typo + more info

I've starting liking pins instead of immediately repinning them. Periodically, I sort through my likes and start by repinning the ideas I will use the soonest or that I like the most. It's a faster way to save everything that catches my eye, while also giving me a chance to check links for accuracy (there are a lot of bad URLs - sometimes I track down the right one if I really really like it). Happy Pinning! :)

:thumbup1: Great idea!

I've been doing the same thing! I realized there were some things that I did "like" but didn't necessarily want to pin and/or make a board for...but if I want to find them, I can still find them fairly easily. Works like a charm! Have I mentioned how much I *LOVE* Pinterest lately?! :tongue_smilie:

I've been doing the same thing! I realized there were some things that I did "like" but didn't necessarily want to pin and/or make a board for...but if I want to find them, I can still find them fairly easily. Works like a charm! Have I mentioned how much I *LOVE* Pinterest lately?! :tongue_smilie:

My likes page has now surpassed my pins - yikes! What is it with me and piling instead of filing ideas (books, papers, now virtual pins)...I'll never get caught up at this rate...sigh...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Amie for the invite! I'm here.... http://pinterest.com/mamaofblessings/

I think I am following everyone that linked in here so far :p This is addicting. Glad I only have FLL 2 and 3 lessons left for our school day to be done for the day! then housework for 15, pinterest for 15, housework for 15 and so on....:lol:

Edited by mamaofblessings