Menu

Lands' End/Sears

If you are sitting around thinking about getting a couple of cute outfits for your older little girl (mine recently turned 12), head over to the Girls LE area at Sears. I could not believe how cute it all was in person. DD needed a couple of bathing suits for camp, so we did drag ourselves to the mall. It ended up we only had to make one stop, and for a great bargain. We were able to buy two nice bathing suits (tankini & a one piece) & several adorable $5 cotton t-shirts ('grown-up' enough for a preteen) & a couple of darling coordinated peasant-type skirts w/ attached shorts.

Even dd had fun choosing, which is unusual for her. Neither of us likes to shop, yet we were both pleased with the end result.

Edited by LibraryLover

I meant to mention the sale was great. Almost all items were reduced, and many were reduced an additional 30%.

Something we bought:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/KnitSkort~217540_1187.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ALC&CM_MERCH=IDX_Girls-_-DressesSkirtsSkorts

I would not have purchased this online; it did not appeal to us at all. It's much softer and lighter than it photographs & is longer than it appears in the pic (+ we bought the next size up as dd likes them longer). It's a little loose at the waist, but we are washing in hot...and since it has attached shorts, the looser fit at the waist is not critical.

Edited by LibraryLover

I wonder if they still have the sale going. Do you know if it is a 4th of July sale?

I am sure it's ongoing now until everything is gone.

In a couple of weeks, it will be all about 'back to school' and sweaters. ;) I was afraid we wouldn't be able to find anything summery, or in her size.

I have yet to find a Sears that has Lands' End (then again, I live in a remote area). :(

I buy online from LE regularly.

We don't have one either.

I hate the mall anyway. I get pretty good deals from the website by being on their e-mail list and ordering when there's free shipping + a certain % off.

I got my dd 4 swimsuit pieces that mix and match this year. I thought sure at least two pieces would be going back (The reviews were not encouraging.), but they were all so awesome she's set for summer now.

I've ordered from them for ages. I was not optimistic when they were bought out by Sears (and there have been changes that did not thrill me), but so far they still have the most decent clothes for girls up into their early teens.

Thank you for reminding me about them! I bought a few fall dresses that one of my DD loves, but I missed the boat for summer. About to where does that skirt you linked us to fall? Above, at, or below the knee?

We bought up a size, and with a little shrinkage, it's falls to the middle of her knees. If we had bought her true size, the bottom would skim nicely at the top of the knee. DD is ok with this, considering there are attached shorts. It's a very sweet style, so it works well for us. It is not a very long skirt, but it's not thigh high. It's not nearly as short as it looks in the photos, but it's not Duggar length. :)

I basically only shop at Land's End for DD. About once a week, an email arrives about some sort of discount or sale and we find the best deals on the website. I've bought a cardigan that used to be $30 at $9.99. All her shoes are purchased there for about $10 a pair and they are very comfortable and extremely cute. It's not cheaply made clothes at all. I love their leggings, tights, skorts, and shoes!

I can't stand shopping malls and especially with a younger child, it's nearly impossible to shop, so everything is bought online and if it doesn't fit, I have DH return it to Sear's :D.

There's also no need to buy anything full price unless you really want it. Sales come rather quickly and emails with great promotion codes arrive often.

I feel like a Land's End rep.

I have yet to find a Sears that has Lands' End (then again, I live in a remote area). :(

I don't live in a remote area but they only had LE kid stuff in our store for one year. They never stocked enough to really make it work and then for the next few years only stocked adult clothing, mostly women's.

All gone now.

If you have a Sears, you can still buy online from Lands End and return things that don't work at the Sears store.

If you have a Sears, you can still buy online from Lands End and return things that don't work at the Sears store.

That's good to know because I've been buying a lot from LE lately because of their summer sales. So far nothing has needed to be returned but knowing this will probably make me more willing to try something where previously I would have skipped on something iffy.

Me too. Our Sears has tacky girls clothing - think cheap Hannah Montana look alike. Yuck. But we love to order from Land's End, and I love that when something doesn't fit, I can take it back to our local Sears for a refund.