Menu

What ages for Liberty's Kids?

Mommy22alyns

My kids have watched them through at least twice, they both enjoy them. When we started watching them, my son was five. They both got a lot out of them. My son will have a second dinner or lunch if anyone is eating, he now likes to say, "I am like 'onri,' I am always hungry." (Henry is the youngest boy in the series, he is French.)

My daughter might not have been ready for them at 5 or 6, there is a bit of violence. She was fine at 8. She was very sensitive when she was younger.

My 5 year old likes watching them, the 3 year old doesn't. I don't think she is picking up on a ton of the history, but it does start some discussions about slavery and George Washington and the British. We will re-watch them when we cover US history in a couple of years and it doesn't hurt anything to have her watch them right now.

We watched them this past spring with a 10, 8, 7 and 5 y/o. Everyone loved them! Of course, I'm sure my 10 y/o got different things out of it than my 5 y/o, but they all begged to watch them! My 7 y/o even picked George Washington as his "hero" when asked by someone who his "hero" is!