Menu

Katniss!!!!I just finished the Hunger Game series, and it was amazing

What a great series! I loved it, just loved it. I know I'm late to this series. My dd got the whole thing over a year ago, when Mockingjay came out, but this is the first chance I've had to enjoy it.

*****possible spoilers!

It's so well written. The writing is tight. The story flows beautifully. I cried when Prim died. I didn't expect it. And the ending, I love the ending. I figured she was going to kill Coin, but her ending up with Peeta because he's the dandelion and Gale was fire, and she was enough fire. :svengo: I was sure Peeta was going to die saving her.

This is one of those stories that stays with you. No wonder my dd has read it countless times already. I think these will be her favorite childhood books (it's my 13 year old).

I just had to come on the board and share. I know that there are people here who have read and loved these books. I wanted to share the moment with those who would understand. :001_smile:

I really enjoyed the series. They are filming the movie in our neck of the woods and several of my dd's friends have been cast as extras. She asked one of her friends the other day why he had cut his hair so "wonky." Apparently, he had to cut it for the movie.

Another Hunger Games fan here! I am looking forward to the movies too. I'm a little nervous about the casting choices so far, but am keeping an open mind!

My dd loves these books so much, that she has been unhappy with almost every casting choice. I think she has the whole thing pictured in her head, and what they seem to be doing doesn't fit. But I can't wait to see it.

We are big fans of The Hunger Games as well. I loved the ending as did DD. I was always rooting for Peeta.

I wasn't too sure of the pick for Katniss in the movie until I saw a clip of her in another movie. DD was thrilled to find out they are coloring her hair. :) I'm okay with the picks for Peeta and Gale, but DD is not. She's really hung on the hair color (again!).

DD wants me to see the movie, then report to her on whether it's worth seeing. She doesn't want to ruin her own vision of the book with a bad movie.

Does anyone know when the first movie is scheduled to be in theaters? I loved the books as well. I should reread them as a fun summer project.

I *think* it's supposed to be in theaters this spring - like March, I think? I'm going to hand my oldest the series about 6 weeks before the movie comes out so she can read, and re-read, the series before we go see the film together. I cannot wait (although, I am more than a little bit afraid of them really screwing it up... :001_huh: )