Menu

I want central air, 11;30 now and 100 degrees

it is 100 now and will get hotter today. I have all the windows and doors open and the ceiling fans on and it is bearable but later in the afternoon when we get the western sun, watch out. We do have a wall unit which we turn on when we start dripping with sweat without moving but it sounds like a jet engine and gives us headaches.

I grew up in North Texas (flat land with no trees). It would get to 120 and we had no air contioners at all or even fans and we survived. We will survive this heat wave now but still feel like complaining lol.

I am drinking nice ice cold iced coffee.

Have you considered closing all the windows and covering them? It was hot yesterday, but the house was decent. I have all the fans on, but everything else off and dark.

:iagree:

We finally have central air, but for the many years we did not, this is what I used to do.

:grouphug: I think the cold front that came through here last night should be headed your way soon.

dh and dd hate for the windows to be closed and we all hate for the house to be dark so have to leave windows open and shades up. Dh is home during the day so doesn't like the wall unit on (when I finally give up and am forced to turn it on) he leaves and runs errands lol.

off t make another iced coffee. and it is supposed to cool off tomorrow, at least to the 80's yay.

it is 100 now and will get hotter today. I have all the windows and doors open and the ceiling fans on and it is bearable but later in the afternoon when we get the western sun, watch out. We do have a wall unit which we turn on when we start dripping with sweat without moving but it sounds like a jet engine and gives us headaches.

I grew up in North Texas (flat land with no trees). It would get to 120 and we had no air contioners at all or even fans and we survived. We will survive this heat wave now but still feel like complaining lol.

I am drinking nice ice cold iced coffee.

Feeling your pain. It was 103 here on tuesday and we don't have AC either. Right now it is 55. Gotta love Minnesota.

I am supposed to have a/c, but our heat pump has been broken for almost a month. We are dealing with the manufacturers' warranty and the home warranty people. It has been a nightmare. I wish we had ceiling fans in every room, but don't since it is supposed to be an air conditioned house. I live at my kitchen table and in my bedroom where the two ceiling fans are. I LOVE A/C!

We have three floors, central air and still have some issues on the really hot days (it's about 99 today and hot). What has helped us is to definitely keep the drapes closed. My boys' rooms get full afternoon sun and roast. I bought a few thermal curtains from Target for $12 each for their rooms and it has been a HUGE improvement for them. It is still warmer in their rooms, but not like before. We are slowly replacing the other drapes with thermal drapes. We also don't run the dryer during the day.

Best of luck.

my adult nephew (married with 2 year old and pregnant wife) has central air and he put window units upstairs as he said it is just too hot up there.

We are looking to move to a house with central air (for ds' asthma) and maybe I will take my window units with me to help out the central air lol.

But first we have to sell our house which so far we have had no interested buyers.

dd looked at the weather.com for Florida and she said it is so much cooler there today than here. We are not moving to Florida, actually we will be moving only about 10 min. from where we live now.

my adult nephew (married with 2 year old and pregnant wife) has central air and he put window units upstairs as he said it is just too hot up there.

We are looking to move to a house with central air (for ds' asthma) and maybe I will take my window units with me to help out the central air lol.

But first we have to sell our house which so far we have had no interested buyers.

dd looked at the weather.com for Florida and she said it is so much cooler there today than here. We are not moving to Florida, actually we will be moving only about 10 min. from where we live now.

I am in NJ right with you and it is very hot today...We have central air, but I live in a cape and the upstairs is extremely hot...I don't have the house air on, just a window unit upstairs because that is where I am...Our rabbits are in the schoolroom, so I am hanging out up here with the air on so they won't suffer in this heat :tongue_smilie: