Menu

TMI (sorry) weird health thing

So a few months ago I started with this strange nausea thing. I'm nauseated every single day if i don't eat. When I do eat something, anything, I get relief, but only for a while. Then the nausea comes back with vengeance and whatever I ate goes through me in a really ugly way.

It's just nausea, not accompanied by cramping or other pain. I have noticed that I get headaches fairly frequently after eating, though, since all of this started. And it doesn't matter what I eat...protein, carbs, veggies, fruit, junk...doesn't matter.

I'm not pregnant.

Any ideas of what this might be? I haven't made an appointment to see a doc but I'm thinking it might be time. It's hard to function when you're sick to your stomach or running to the bathroom all the time.

What do you think?

Sounds like hypoglycemia--low blood sugar.

I have this. I burn sugar really fast and am left with nothing to run on.

If I wait too long between meals, I have terrible, painful cramping and loose BM's. (esp if I eat something high in sugar or low in nutritianal value(donuts, cereal, pop, toast, bagels)

I get headaches, backaches, cramps.

If I wait too long between meals, I get nauseous and will throw up if I wait longer.--however, once I eat, I may get very sick (BM's) afterward (within 30 min)

I used to think it was tied to my cycle--nope

I use to think it was certain foods (sort of)

mainly it was because I let my sugar drop too low.

HTH

Lara

I get nausea instead of heartburn with my Gerd. Just an underlying nausea but not significant enough to make me vomit. It is the worst in the morning for me.

I take a week or two of Prilosec and it is back under control.

My gerd is from taking high-dose anti-inflammatories for many years. They are hard on the stomach and this is the price I pay.

I get nausea instead of heartburn with my Gerd. Just an underlying nausea but not significant enough to make me vomit. It is the worst in the morning for me.

I take a week or two of Prilosec and it is back under control.

My gerd is from taking high-dose anti-inflammatories for many years. They are hard on the stomach and this is the price I pay.

Me too! Everybody else just looks at me funny when I try to explain this.:glare:

I would also consider asking doctor about cat scan of abdomen and ultrasound of abdomen just to be certain that everything is ok. I have a relative who started with those symptoms and it is not good:( If she had been diagnosed when she just had nausea, maybe it would be a better situation for her. They thought it was GERD for her as well. I would also see a GI doctor. OTOH nausea can be due a multitude of things. I am just putting this out there as info since I never realized nausea could signal serious and not so serious problems.

Edited by priscilla