Menu

This is where I belong...

Hello all! I didn't see any specific new member intro area, so I'm posting my introduction here. Please direct me if it should go somewhere else. I have lurked around here off and on for several years, but after going through some posts and seeing that a bunch of you use almost all the same curriculum that we do, I have decided this is the place for me!

I'm also looking for some encouragement from like-minded people because we moved to a new state 10 months ago and although we are in a very homeschool-friendly area, I have not found any with the same educational goals and philosophy yet.

We're very eclectic, with a more classical focus, I suppose. The past few years we have used RightStart Math, Elson and McGuffey Readers, Apologia Science, SOTW, First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind, McRuffy Phonics and lots of other little workbooks and fun activities in the mix.

Several of the new homeschoolers we have met lately do alot of work online or all ABeka. Great choices, of course, but I love to pick-and-choose all our subjects! I'm a book junkie like many homeschool moms and love :001_wub: the Rainbow Resource catalog!

This fall we are switching things up a bit for my daughter and will be using Horizons math, Spectrum Spelling, First Language Lessons 3, Christian Liberty science books, and lots of small topical studies for history/science. My son will be in K and he will be working on RightStart Math A and LifePac Language Arts. I want to make lots of fun activity bags to help keep him entertained between lessons too.