Menu

Have you all seen these funny homeschool shirts.....

from cafepress.com? A friend of mine saw a little girl at church Sunday wearing a shirt that said something about "Warning, this is an unsocialized homeschooled child" or something like that. She said you could tell the little girl was full of personality. Even though my friend's kids are in public school, she still thought the shirt was cute! I have no idea where that particular shirt can be found, but I started googling and found this site. They have lots of funny sayings like, "Yes, I'm homeschooled. I'll try and use small words." Some of them could be offensive I'm sure, but I got a kick out of them. There's even one for mom that says, "Yes, my hands are full, but so is my heart." Anyway, just thought I would share.

My kids want the one that says "Yes I am in school, and you are talking during class!" and "Yes I'm homeschooled, I'll try and use small words."

A PS kid on my DD8's soccer team actually told her she likes learning too much! LOL!

I want one that says something along the lines of this:

I am privileged to explore the world with my children, to share history, solve puzzles, and rediscover the world of knowledge through their eyes. My children bless me everyday and I am grateful to be...a homeschooler.

I want it to be inspiring and representative of how grateful I am to be able to homeschool.

I really want the one that says "I am homeschooled, feel free to use big words." But since I have only been homeschooling for 6 months, I don't think I have earned the right to put stuff like that on my dds yet! Maybe if I make it a couple years. I also like the "school is for fish." My ILs are pretty sensitive about the HSing, so I would love to send dds over there in those shirts. But IRL I am not that mean!

• 3 weeks later...

Ds wants the one that says, "Yes I AM in school, and you are talking during class!" to wear when we do school at the coffee shop. He also likes, "I am a homeschooler. I'll try to use small words." I want the one that says, "I'd rather be reading Jane Austen"!

Wendi