Menu

Does anyone here use the Well-Planned Day planner?

I really love mine! I'm still a plan on paper kind of homeschooler.;)

The colors and artistic work makes me happy. I can easily keep track of the kids' work in there. At the beginning of each month there is a month at a glance calendar opposite a page with a place to keep a book list, field trip list and expense list. There is also a homeschool related article at the beginning of each month.

This was my first year using it and I will definitely get one for next year. :)

I have used the planner for the past two years, and just recently received my new copy for the coming school year. It works beautifully for me and is worth every penny! This year my logic stage dd will be using the student planner for the first time, and it's really nice too.

Using TWPD helps me feel much more confident and organized than any other planner I've tried so far, and the graphics are something that I truly appreciate as well since I'm also an artist and graphic designer. They did a top notch job with the design and layout of this book.

Blessings,

Lucinda

When I remember to use a planner, I do! It has kept me a bit more organized this year, but there are some weeks I just wrote across the two page spread "yes", as in "yes, we did school". ;-)

It works well for up to 4 kids and has plenty of inspiring articles throughout. I like having the calendar up front so I can keep track of when we're off. My friend loves that there are blank grocery shopping lists included, though I'm not quite organized enough to use paper set aside for that specific thing. I only wish there were pockets on the inside covers. That would be nice.

:iagree: I have to do that too with the subjects.

I love TWPD, this next school year will be the 3rd year I've used it. I've looked at others and they are really good but I keep coming back to TWPD. I like how it's set up and it makes it easy for me to use. This year I ordered the binder to go with it, I'm having to wait forever for it, but for the binder will be a major asset for me. In the meantime I've gotten lucky to find some folders and a portable file folder that matches it. :D

:iagree: I have to do that too with the subjects.

I love TWPD, this next school year will be the 3rd year I've used it. I've looked at others and they are really good but I keep coming back to TWPD. I like how it's set up and it makes it easy for me to use. This year I ordered the binder to go with it, I'm having to wait forever for it, but for the binder will be a major asset for me. In the meantime I've gotten lucky to find some folders and a portable file folder that matches it. :D

Curious: How will you use the binder? How does it make the planner better? I have the spiralbound version and love it... contemplating what to get for next year.

It may be silly reasoning, but I like that I am going to be able to add other notes and papers in with the planner w/o having to paperclip or tape everything on and have it all together in one place and not have stuff fall out all over the place since the binder zips closed. Some examples: I have 2 kids with special diets plus dh is on a special diet and now I will be able to keep the lists of their diet foods together with it. Another example is a I have a couple notebooks that I use for jotting down curriculum ideas and goal lists for the boys (they are both special needs) and I am forever spending time searching all over for stuff when I'm needing my notes cause I have the hardest time keeping my notes and my planner in the same place, lol! I also teach a preschool age class on family night at church and dh gives guitar/bass lessons at church, so we'll use it for that as well to keep track of all the lesson planning we do along with school. With the binder I can keep those activities seperate from the school stuff but still have it all in one place.

Well, that's the plan anyway, lol!

Plus it's pretty. :D

Waiting impatiently for my binder, too. :)

The only thing I dislike is that the subjects are written in already. We don't do Bible, Math, History, Science, and English every day, as the binder seems to expect. Also, I don't call English "English"; for me, there's Reading, Writing, and Grammar -- three different subjects. So I white out the printed subjects and write in my own subjects.

I still bought the planner for next year, though, so the whiting-out wasn't enough to deter me.

Waiting impatiently for my binder, too. :)

The only thing I dislike is that the subjects are written in already. We don't do Bible, Math, History, Science, and English every day, as the binder seems to expect. Also, I don't call English "English"; for me, there's Reading, Writing, and Grammar -- three different subjects. So I white out the printed subjects and write in my own subjects.

I still bought the planner for next year, though, so the whiting-out wasn't enough to deter me.

I realize you may have more than one child, but for my dd's assignments I just write in the grammar, spelling, vocab & writing assignments all in the space allotted for ENGLISH. I have acronyms for each, so it takes up very little space. If that doesn't work for you, then there are the three blank section rows down below at the bottom of the page.

Just my thoughts fwiw. :)

Blessings,

Lucinda

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using it with TOG. :-) Love my zippered binder! I have the pages for the current unit in it with the planner. :-D

The only thing I don't like, is the binder size. It is too big to grab easily with one hand on the spine (it's kind of slippery) and there is no handle.

It would be REALLY nice to have a handle. I might do that myself later.

I found an easy way to remind myself to put books on hold for the upcoming weeks, I use a post it LABEL... that I stick over the weekend section. As soon as I do the holds, buy & pull the books we need, I toss the note... :D

The spiral bound planner is also 3 hole punched, so it goes right in the binder if you want. I usually just stick it on the top of what's in there already though...

Edited by lcelmer

I was looking at this planner the other day. I couldn't tell if it is a good one to use for 3+ children?

I liked the look of the planner, as you all do, but kind of crossed it off my list because of the subject headings being written in. I don't like that either. . . but now that I see you are just crossing out and writing your own in, it makes me think it may be worth it :D

So, how easy is it to use for 3+ students?

TIA!