Menu

Tues Waste of Time: Humor me, Please! While I don't give a hoot about................

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Hive,

We cannot allow this all important, earth shattering, life-altering thread to recede into oblivion.

So, I will revive it with this speculation. Though Kate Middleton has been known to emphasize wisdom in choice of head adornments, it is entirely possible that some outlandish British designer who is in love with the "Wild Kingdom" look in hats, will devise a chiffon emu to attach to her head. I will be profoundly disappointed, but, alas, I shall not be shocked.

I am interested in the fabric choices. Chiffon, lace, and the lighter silks are romantic, appropriate for her skinny bod, and timeless. But, satin and brocade are heavy duty, regal fabrics - the fabric of kings and queens...so it will be interesting to see. I hope her gown has some Brussels Lace! I love that stuff...the true stuff, not battenburg lace which is heavy and victorian but not refined.

Faith

Ahem! :toetap05:

We are getting off topic again! :toetap05:

What IF, G-d forbid, she wears something heinous like that hat that Sarah Jessica Parker wore to the SATC premiere? I'll find a photo of it and post it here.

Found it -- take a look - make sure you don't have anything in your mouth!:lol:

post-10544-13535084775796_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084775796_thumb.jpg

Oops, shhhhh, the principal heard us!!! :D

As for that hat, if I haven't said this before, I'll say it now, ONE SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO WEAR AN ECOSYSTEM!

Look people, there are some do's and do not's to hat wearing and even ignorant, unfasionable me, can figure these out. Do not wear the zoo. Do not wear a habitat. Do not wear a hat that also doubles as a weapon. Do not wear a hat the is the color of mustard or sinus infection drainage. Do not wear a hat wide enough for any part of the hat to be in a different time zone than the actual wearer. Do not wear a hat that has it's own climate. Do not wear a hat that makes you appear to be taller than Kareem Abdul Jabar. Do not wear a hat that can only be balanced out by Bozo the Clown shoes.

All of these are social, hat faux pax's and even a royal should know this. :glare:

Faith

I, for one, am absolutely beyond excited about the wedding! And I can assure you that people will either love or hate Kate's dress. :D

I have to say that I am looking up recipes for scones or I am just going to get them at starbucks or wegman's. I think that dd12 and dd10 will like doing something fun and rather spontaneous.

And, I know that Faith will send me a piece of her MIL's rum cake!

As for the dress, I want it to be gorgeous beyond words and loved by everyone -- and I'm not being snarky -- I really want the dress to blow everyone away. I think the world needs a fairy tale right about now.:001_smile:

Rum Cake for ALL! It's a far superior choice to fruit cake.

Mariann, you are right. With all of the grimness in the world, I think we all need a break and a breathtaking wedding with a hopefully, grinning like a crazy fool in love groom, and happy bride, is just the ticket. Truly, it was gut wrenching when those boys lost their mamma and what they went through...I am thrilled for William and I sincerely hope that Harry will find his soul mate too!

So, please you royals....observe my rules of hat decorum...I don't want to see anything scary in the wedding photos!

Faith

Rum Cake for ALL! It's a far superior choice to fruit cake.

Mariann, you are right. With all of the grimness in the world, I think we all need a break and a breathtaking wedding with a hopefully, grinning like a crazy fool in love groom, and happy bride, is just the ticket. Truly, it was gut wrenching when those boys lost their mamma and what they went through...I am thrilled for William and I sincerely hope that Harry will find his soul mate too!

So, please you royals....observe my rules of hat decorum...I don't want to see anything scary in the wedding photos!

Faith

Here!!!!! Here!!!!!!! Faith has spoken and :iagree:. :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Fancy tea parties on Friday a.m. are hereby.........um...........a great idea!

You know...this thread has just about talked me into getting out of bed and watching this thing even though I highly value my sleep. My only problem is Thor. We don't have a T.V. and only use Netflix with the computer since cable prices are outlandish in this area, as well as satellite, and in the boonies, an antenna does not get you anything. So, I've got to watch it on the net and our computer area is currently in our bedroom since the living room isn't done. Thor will not be pleased to be woken up for a royal wedding...of course, it's okay to keep me up late at night to supervise his fire making festivities! SNORT!

So, hmmmm... the cunundrum...Thor, accustomed to the civility of his rather conservative cave mate, awakens from slumber to find said cave mate, oohing and aahing while drinking rum coffee and eating rum cake and cannot go back to his sleep for all of the hullabaloo since Thor's offspring, dd the medic, has recently met a boy who has turned her head and though not admitting it, is probably entertaining fancy thoughts of future weddings, and will be just dreamy enough to get up, watch it from grandpa and grandma's house where there is satellite t.v. and a nice size screen, and then CALL HER MOTHER thus waking Thor further! Thor's fire making activities may intensify with the sudden discovery of fire breath.....hmmmm....

I don't know...if Thor is in high spirits Thursday night, not likely as Thor is struggling slightly with the concept that another cave troll - THAT BOY - might be moving into his territory, Wife of Thor will consider a romantic, rum cake infused morning. If Thor is still thinking of ways to scare THAT BOY, off, Wife of Thor will have to consider watching a few hours later on you"cave" tube reruns.

Wife of Thor, also known as Faith

You know...this thread has just about talked me into getting out of bed and watching this thing even though I highly value my sleep. My only problem is Thor. We don't have a T.V. and only use Netflix with the computer since cable prices are outlandish in this area, as well as satellite, and in the boonies, an antenna does not get you anything. So, I've got to watch it on the net and our computer area is currently in our bedroom since the living room isn't done. Thor will not be pleased to be woken up for a royal wedding...of course, it's okay to keep me up late at night to supervise his fire making festivities! SNORT!

So, hmmmm... the cunundrum...Thor, accustomed to the civility of his rather conservative cave mate, awakens from slumber to find said cave mate, oohing and aahing while drinking rum coffee and eating rum cake and cannot go back to his sleep for all of the hullabaloo since Thor's offspring, dd the medic, has recently met a boy who has turned her head and though not admitting it, is probably entertaining fancy thoughts of future weddings, and will be just dreamy enough to get up, watch it from grandpa and grandma's house where there is satellite t.v. and a nice size screen, and then CALL HER MOTHER thus waking Thor further! Thor's fire making activities may intensify with the sudden discovery of fire breath.....hmmmm....

I don't know...if Thor is in high spirits Thursday night, not likely as Thor is struggling slightly with the concept that another cave troll - THAT BOY - might be moving into his territory, Wife of Thor will consider a romantic, rum cake infused morning. If Thor is still thinking of ways to scare THAT BOY, off, Wife of Thor will have to consider watching a few hours later on you"cave" tube reruns.

Wife of Thor, also known as Faith

W o T: Ask Thor to sleep in another room. Miss Ellie did post the BBC link so we can watch it on the pc.

Should we wear crowns or hats? What do you think? I am going to put a bow tie on the dog. Maybe a top hat too.:D

Mariann, from the files of I CANNOT BE MAKING THIS UP, we have a bow tie for Lewis. Now, granted, we didn't buy a doggie bow tie. Here is the scoop:

Thor's niece got married three years ago. She told Thor she desperately wanted him at her wedding and she knew we weren't planning on attending because of finances A. she'd picked Memorial Weekend for a wedding in the Florida Keys and the hotel and plane tickets were ridiculous to say the least. B. Thor's sister, T-Rexicana, is a hateful person and so Thor had decided since it was a social faux pax to impale his sister with a spear, it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Niece sent Dh a plane ticket which made him feel like he had to suck it up and ride the vine to the wedding. Well, guess what. Niece did not actually want Thor at the wedding for the sake of being at the wedding. Niece of Thor needed someone to babysit her King Charles Spaniel during the ceremony and make sure he made it down the aisle and sat quietly next to the flower girl. Thor's gift for this service was that he was given the dog's bow tie. Yep, that was the gift. This was after Thor was nice enough to clean up after certain members of the bridal party who drank themselves under the table at the reception.

So, as a result of previous cave trauma, Wife of Thor is rejecting the concept of dog bow tie but will consider a cute bandana instead. I have a hat for high tea, I may put it on with my best nightgown...can't wear my expensive lingerie...Thor will defintely wake up and then be a terrible distraction!

Faith

:lol::lol::lol:

We have definitely lost it!!!!!

Guidry has a bandana b/c last week he went to Red Dog Spa b/c there were no appointment openings at PetSMart -- well of course not - b/c Red Dog charges $87.00 -- granted they brushed his teeth and cleaned his ears, but they did do the furminator on him and yesterday I had the kids bathe him all over again with Buddy Bath which smells so nice.

We have a Princeton bow tie -- I'm sure dh won't mind if Guidry wears it.

I love Cavs -- but they are not running dogs so we got a rescue hound instead.

I bought a great straw safari hat at the OM event a few weeks ago -- I think I will wear that. When dh and I were married, I wore a gorgeous, huge white hat (I told you I am a hat person) -- but the hat is in NJ - pshaw. I'll probably go with the safari or a Yankee baseball cap.;)

a20791a12f3ce2170b420d_s.jpgThis is the hat I wore - but mine was all in white. I love hats.

My girls and I are SO definitely waking up early and watching the wedding. We're having scones on the nice china and orange juice in champagne glasses. :D The girls will remember it forever, so... :cheers2:

When it's all over, I am going back to bed. School is officially out for the first half of the day. :lol:

I love weddings. I'm sure that Katherine (spelling?) will look radiant. I hope they are happy.

Y'all have hooked me. Since DD has gotten into the habit of waking (and waking me up) at 3am, I should be awake. I have a lovely pink straw hat (not as wide as Mariann's, but still nice), but I'll be in PJs and sipping tea with (hopefully) chocolate chip cookies. I think I'll break out the Waterford, just for fun. It looks so royal! :tongue_smilie:

Y'all have hooked me. Since DD has gotten into the habit of waking (and waking me up) at 3am, I should be awake. I have a lovely pink straw hat (not as wide as Mariann's, but still nice), but I'll be in PJs and sipping tea with (hopefully) chocolate chip cookies. I think I'll break out the Waterford, just for fun. It looks so royal! :tongue_smilie:

I think we should all chat while we watch! 'A WTM Royal Wedding Breakfast'

Notice I did not call it a TEa:glare:

Imp, got a thrift store in the area? They nearly always have those glassware snack sets from he 50's for pennies. Get a cup, saucer, and snack plate. It probably won't cost more than a dollar or two and set it on top of a piece of pretty fabric such as a cloth napkin or placement, table cloth, your best thong - snicker, snicker, snicker...it works! You'll feel like queen for a day!

Faith

Wow, you gals are going all out.

I figure I'll be doing well just to get up that early!!! :tongue_smilie:

But... now you have me thinking. China, crystal, scones, hot tea, jam, marmalade (a la Paddington Bear ;)), etc....

Please make sure the bear is dressed appropriately! :lol:

DH is going to get a 'paper' top hat for the dog.:D

DH also thinks I've lost my mind -- I'm supposed to be finding us a house and instead I'm looking at recipes for scones.:lol:

I suppose I could dress my cats up. But, then I'd get mauled & spend my morning in the ER rather than watching the wedding. ;):lol:

I didn't plan ahead enough to get this tea:

willkateteabags.jpg

So, my alternate suggestion (if you plan to serve hot tea), is to see if you can find Mighty Leaf tea. That stuff is awesome. (I've found it at a 'fancy' grocery store near us, plus in the food section at TJ Maxx.) I'm sipping some right now & it seems appropriate for the royal wedding.

I dislike cooking. I'll have to see if I can talk dh into making scones tomorrow night so those of us getting up will have scones. :D

You want to know the funny thing? If my sis does come over, it's not like she's just down the street. She's 6 hours away but thought it would be fun to surprise my dd by showing up so we could all watch the wedding together. (Of course, my sis & I watched Di's wedding when we were kids.) My sis is big into weddings anyway -- she's an event (mostly wedding) coordinator for the place where she works.

I LOVE the tea bags!:lol:

I LOVE the tea bags!:lol:

Check out these:

http://www.amazon.com/RoyalTea-Royalty-Wedding-Figures-William/dp/B002K5VL3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303918199&sr=8-1

Bwa-ha-ha!

Wonder if you can get overnight shipping?

Man, if those of us planning to watch had only planned ahead better, we could have gotten these, or these, or these, or these.... The possibilities seem endless! :lol:

Check out these:

http://www.amazon.com/RoyalTea-Royalty-Wedding-Figures-William/dp/B002K5VL3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303918199&sr=8-1

Bwa-ha-ha!

Wonder if you can get overnight shipping?

Man, if those of us planning to watch had only planned ahead better, we could have gotten these, or these, or these, or these.... The possibilities seem endless! :lol:

Those things are hysterical -- not as hysterical as that video link - dh howled!

I think it's probably a good thing that I've ignored all of it till this week -- I would have spent a small fortune.

I just saw this posted on another board....

"In honor of the big wedding on Friday, Use your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on. Post yours here.

Royally and Fondly,"

Lady Jay Pup-Oleander

What's yours?

Edited by Stacia

Lady Lena Victorious Smokey Main

(Yes, Victorious was my grandmother Lena's middle name and when she was little her parents called her Lena Victorious...never just Lena....she forced them to drop the Victorious thing when she was 16 and got married!)

I'm worried about my surname...doesn't sound to regal and has a real 60's hippy flare to it.

Faith

Lady Lena Victorious Smokey Main

(Yes, Victorious was my grandmother Lena's middle name and when she was little her parents called her Lena Victorious...never just Lena....she forced them to drop the Victorious thing when she was 16 and got married!)

I'm worried about my surname...doesn't sound to regal and has a real 60's hippy flare to it.

Faith

OMG!!!! My mom's name is Lena (she has always gone by Lee) -- her mom's name was Lena (my mom's mom died in childbirth with my mom). I will use my paternal grand mother's first name so no one gets us mixed up -- tee hee.

ok, through the lyme brain fog, let's figure this out:

Lady Madelaine Bootsie-Hudson

:lol::lol::lol:

I would have given that first puppy's name more thought if only I had known.;)

I just saw this posted on another board....

"In honor of the big wedding on Friday, Use your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on. Post yours here.

Royally and Fondly,"

Lady Jay Pup-Oleander

What's yours?

Lady Neva Ardell Ezekiel-Braxton (I think Braxton-Ezekiel sounds better, though). My grandmother is Neva (two syllables, long e). My other grandmother was Emma Belle which would work too, but perhaps too many Es and Bs ;)

Mariann :D

One of your kids has just got to marry a royal...seriously, get the peasant/noble matchmaking going now because BOOTSIE just has to make it into the royal linneage now.

King Arthur Phillip Bootsie George....AWESOME:lol::lol:

Faith, lovin' Mariann's name and I think it should be her new board identity

Mariann :D

One of your kids has just got to marry a royal...seriously, get the peasant/noble matchmaking going now because BOOTSIE just has to make it into the royal linneage now.

King Arthur Phillip Bootsie George....AWESOME:lol::lol:

Faith, lovin' Mariann's name and I think it should be her new board identity

:iagree:

Whadda ya say, Bootsie? ;)

I can always blame it on the Lyme's. ;) I LOVE it. I wonder if they would let me do it -- they are so reluctant to change names, but THIS would be SO worth it. btw, if you go to my facebook page (PM me if you don't have the full name) I've started a status with everyone putting up their royal names.

Lady Madelaine Bootsie-Dickerson (I realized that we lived on Dickerson street first -- I was just a bootsie-brain when I forgot that!)

Ugh. Prince Charles annoys me too. And I could care less about HIS happiness. Why torture Princess Diana by marrying her and then CHEATING on her. Ugh. I hate men like that. He was old enough to know better.

:iagree:

now you have me thinking. China, crystal, scones, hot tea, jam, marmalade (a la Paddington Bear ), etc....

Stacia, you know me with Paddington Bear. :D Love, love, love Paddy! He was one of the many reasons I wanted to have kids. :lol:

paddington_bear_06-01.jpg

I'm so very British in many ways, but I'm not nearly as into the royals as I used to be 30 or so years ago. I used to be obsessed.

I loved Diana and I really don't particularly care for Kate. I know that I shouldn't compare the two, but, oh well ...

I guess reading "The Royals" by Kitty Kelley back when it came out, my trashy read at the time, ruined it all for me. :lol:

The dc want to wake up because it's hype. Dd is obsessed with who the designer will be. She's already a mini designer herself and loves making clothes.

I've decided that I'll make them a Full English Breakfast, which I never do. Buying all the stuff later today, including orange marmalade.

So, my alternate suggestion (if you plan to serve hot tea), is to see if you can find Mighty Leaf tea. That stuff is awesome. (I've found it at a 'fancy' grocery store near us, plus in the food section at TJ Maxx.) I'm sipping some right now & it seems appropriate for the royal wedding.

I dislike cooking.

You want to know the funny thing? If my sis does come over, it's not like she's just down the street. She's 6 hours away but thought it would be fun to surprise my dd by showing up so we could all watch the wedding together. (Of course, my sis & I watched Di's wedding when we were kids.) My sis is big into weddings anyway -- she's an event (mostly wedding) coordinator for the place where she works.

Stacia, that tea sounds so good. I doubt they have it here ... I'll make do with English Breakfast and I always have to have my tea with milk. Never iced and never black.

I really dislike cooking also. I knew you were a girl after my own heart. :grouphug: Breakfast is the only meal I love to make since I'm a morning person.

Cool about your sister. We lived in Wales when it was Diana's wedding. I was glued to the TV and truly obsessed. My sister, however, and her friend went to the beach. The beach was packed and apparently many could have cared less about the royal wedding.

Not everyone in the U.K. cares about the royal wedding. The U.S. media is covering it more than other countries, including the U.K.

RoyalSickBag.jpg

I really don't particularly care for Kate.

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to magazines, but I'm not feeling personality. She seems like another young girl who floundered around, not really knowing what to do with her life and her 'prince' actually turned out to actually be one by profession.

So, is there anything inspiring that I've missed?

Rosie

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to magazines, but I'm not feeling personality. She seems like another young girl who floundered around, not really knowing what to do with her life and her 'prince' actually turned out to actually be one by profession.

So, is there anything inspiring that I've missed?

Rosie

Rosie, yes, I don't read most magazines either. The ones I do read are rather boring with regards to gossip (as in none - they're mostly health-related, etc.) ... I might read an occasional trashy magazine at the hairdresser's or something.

My thoughts exactly on Kate. Little personality and barely any warmth. And from what I have heard while vicariously listening to the TV the other night, is that she is rather calculating, which, I think may be true. Possibly snooty also. Oh well ... to each her own or his own or whatever.

The sick bags...oh my! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Have I told you how much I love your avatar?! :D

Negin, those sickness bags are too funny!

Yeah, I don't particularly care about Kate. I don't really know much about her & she hasn't really done any standout things that I know about. Of course, that may change once she becomes one of the royals.

I guess I'm watching it because I watched Di's wedding & know how much my dd will enjoy seeing a royal wedding. In addition to all the girly/bride stuff, she'll love seeing all the horses/cavalry guard/etc... (dd is an equestrian). I think I'm also watching it because William & I share a birthday; therefore, I've always thought he must be a cool guy! ;):D