Menu

Out of range... (TMI)

Oh, honey. I'm well endowed with lots of bOOks. I hate, loathe, despise bra shopping. What I did is I went to the store and found one (ONLY ONE) that fit- then bought 5 online for cheaper. And I live in constant worry that they will discontinue that style and I'll have to look again. Ha!

FWIW, I wear a 34DD. Ugh. Try finding a 34 and DD. Not an easy thing (although you would think with all the youngins having augmentations it would be).

Bra shopping is probably the sixth ring of hell. Okay, not according to Dante, but to modern women, I say for sure.

Oh, honey. I'm well endowed with lots of bOOks. I hate, loathe, despise bra shopping. What I did is I went to the store and found one (ONLY ONE) that fit- then bought 5 online for cheaper. And I live in constant worry that they will discontinue that style and I'll have to look again. Ha!

FWIW, I wear a 34DD. Ugh. Try finding a 34 and DD. Not an easy thing (although you would think with all the youngins having augmentations it would be).

Bra shopping is probably the sixth ring of hell. Okay, not according to Dante, but to modern women, I say for sure.

:iagree:

I feel your pain! I'm a 34DD after years of being a 36-38DD. Boy, was I shocked about the lack of 34DD bras in the stores. So, I walk around with by books protruding from the shelves, or some unslightly shelf space (bunching)...

btw, can you pm me with your supplier/model?

I'm a 38H and always buy my bras at jms.com They have lots of styles in larger sizes and are pretty reasonable in price. I also like that they will take returns on them, so I usually buy a bunch of different styles in a size or two and then try them on in the privacy of my home. I can even wear one that I think I like for a few hours or a day and then just send back the ones I don't like for a refund.

Not for me but my 14 year old. She is now a 32 G.

Have you any idea how hard that is to find let alone afford?

Wait, yes, you do.

It is nothing short of torture to have to go and it is awful not having the money to necessarily go when she needs a new one, like now.

We can't "wing it" and order on line because she always has to try them on. And to make things even more fun, she has pressure urticaria (hives caused by pressure on her skin) and dermotographia (I don't know how to explain this, if you gently scratched a line on her skin, in seconds it is a raised and angry looking welt) so after the 3rd bra or so that she tries on, she looks like she has been scourged and is miserable.

Her dermatologist says off-handedly one time, "wear loose clothes", and then, looked at her and said, "oh honey, you're screwed with that aren't you?"

So, just empathizing, thanks for letting me complain too. :)

34G is even harder to find than 34E. I've moved up to 36G now, but Gs are really hard to find no matter what the band size is.

edited to add

Thanks for the link to Breakout Bras. They actually carry softcup bras in my size, which is 34H according to their calculators. Their bras are a lot cheaper than what I've been paying and I'm in desperate need of new bras.

Has anybody used these bras?

http://www.breakoutbras.com/product/Goddess_Jayne_Softcup_Bra_6002/Softcup_Bras

or

http://www.breakoutbras.com/product/Elila_Support_Softcup_1305/Softcup_Bras

I've been wearing a Wacoal softcup, but it only goes up to F, so it really doesn't fit anymore. I've tried underwires, but they all make me feel bruised. I have to have softcup.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

Try Breakout Br@s. They have a great sizing calculator and they carry TONS of styles and sizes.

:grouphug: That is no fun at all. I'm sorry!

Just as a warning - I had a horrible experience with this website & had to file a police report in order to get it resolved. I use http://www.birthandbaby.com/ instead & they are wonderful. The breakout website does have a better size calculator so I would still recommend that.

Good luck - I feel your pain.

I'm having trouble finding the right size "shelf" for my b00ks. I tried measuring myself & input my measurements into the Bali Bra Size Calculator, and it said to me: "I'm sorry. Your measurements are out of range.":svengo:

<heavy sigh> I feel ya. My cup runneth over. It just isn't cute. I'm only 30. I don't want to wear "granny" bras. I want to wear those cute bras you see at Victoria's Secret. Those are not meant to support the ladies, only temporarily wrap them up in a nice little package. It is next to impossible to find something that holds up the ladies and reigns in their errant ways.

Wait, yes, you do.

It is nothing short of torture to have to go and it is awful not having the money to necessarily go when she needs a new one, like now.

We can't "wing it" and order on line because she always has to try them on. And to make things even more fun, she has pressure urticaria (hives caused by pressure on her skin) and dermotographia (I don't know how to explain this, if you gently scratched a line on her skin, in seconds it is a raised and angry looking welt) so after the 3rd bra or so that she tries on, she looks like she has been scourged and is miserable.

Her dermatologist says off-handedly one time, "wear loose clothes", and then, looked at her and said, "oh honey, you're screwed with that aren't you?"

Your poor dd! I was a 34DD at 14. And I had a tiny waist. Finding any top to fit was impossible. They either fit at the waist and smothered the ladies or fit at the ladies and flowed arounf the waist. Seriously, clothesmakers should realize that women have boobs (and hips, but that's another thread). This isn't a new development or anything.

Wait, yes, you do.

I know - try finding 32 K.

Your poor DD - Make sure you document her troubles if she decides to have surgery on the b00ks later. It could at least solve one part of the problem.

Edited by momoflaw

Most sites say to measure under your breast and then add five inches to find your band size. Then measure around the fullest part of your breast and subtract the first number from the second number to find your cup size. In my case this would work out to be measurement under breast of 33" + 5" for a band size of 38. The fullest part of my breast also measures 38" so there is no difference between the two which would give me no cup size. Now if I am supposed to subtract the actual under breast measurement before adding the 5" that would give me a size of 38 E. Neither one of the measurements is anywhere near correct. I am currently wearing a 38 B or C. The band size is probably too large and then the smaller cup size is too small and the larger one too large.

This site has totally different sizing info than most sites and seems to work best for me: http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size.

It says to take your band measure measurement, so in my case 33" and round to the next even number, so in my case 34" and that is your band measurement - period. This makes so much more sense to me. I never understood why you would add 5". Anyhow, then measure around the fullest part of your bust and deduct your band measurment from this number for your cup size. So in my case, 38" (fullest part of bust) - 34" (band measurement) = 4" to determine cup size of D for a bra size of 34 D. This sounds much closer to the correct for me. 34" sounds a bit small for me and D sound a bit large but it sounds much closer to correct than the other two. If I were to guess I would think that a 36 C would be about the right size and I think that's about where I would start my next bra shopping exposition.

ETA: I just saw that this site uses the same measuring system as breakout bras.

Edited by KidsHappen

Most sites say to measure under your breast and then add five inches to find your band size. Then measure around the fullest part of your breast and subtract the first number from the second number to find your cup size. In my case this would work out to be measurement under breast of 33" + 5" for a band size of 38. The fullest part of my breast also measures 38" so there is no difference between the two which would give me no cup size. Now if I am supposed to subtract the actual under breast measurement before adding the 5" that would give me a size of 38 E. Neither one of the measurements is anywhere near correct. I am currently wearing a 38 B or C. The band size is probably too large and then the smaller cup size is to small and the larger one too large.

This site has totally different sizing info that most sites and seems to work best for me: http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size.

It says to take your band measure measurement, so in my case 33" and round to the next even number, so in my case 34" and that is your band measurement - period. This makes so much more sense to me. I never understood why you would add 5". Anyhow, then measure around the fullest part of your bust and deduct your band measurment from this number for your cup size. So in my case, 38" (fullest part of bust) - 34" (band measurement) = 4" to determine cup size of D for a bra size of 34 D. This sounds much closer to the correct for me. 34" sounds a bit small for me and D sound a bit large but it sounds much closer to correct than the other two. If I were to guess I would think that a 36 C would be about the right size and I think that's about where I would start my next bra shopping exposition.

I agree the adding to your band size makes no sense. I use the number as-is. I think it has something to do with different needs of small b00ks vs large. In my un-scientific research, if you have small b00ks then the band is usually looser so adding 5" would make more sense. If you have large b00ks then the band would need to be more snug to give better support. Your books shouldn't be supported by mostly (or at all some would say) the shoulder straps, you need support from the band. If my band isn't tight (like leave deep grooves tight) then I have no support, the band rides up & my b00ks are at my waist.

I agree the adding to your band size makes no sense. I use the number as-is. I think it has something to do with different needs of small b00ks vs large. In my un-scientific research, if you have small b00ks then the band is usually looser so adding 5" would make more sense. If you have large b00ks then the band would need to be more snug to give better support. Your books shouldn't be supported by mostly (or at all some would say) the shoulder straps, you need support from the band. If my band isn't tight (like leave deep grooves tight) then I have no support, the band rides up & my b00ks are at my waist.

This is me. NOTHING is supportive enough. And I'm 25!! I don't want to look like a lingerie model, but I DO want to be able to wear something that is supportive, but pretty. As far as price... GRR! That's all I care to say about that. In all kinds of stores, I've been sized as a 44-48 DD or DDD. Doesn't work for me. I always end up with chafing & muffin top. :-(

The sizing at Breakout Bras has me at a 38 L, or HH. If that's right, it's no wonder I've struggled so much with this crap! I think I'll just have to order a few styles in those sizes and see how it works. How are they with returns?

I love, love, love Wacoal's Awareness bra. My mom ended up switching to them too. Smooth, comfortable, and well constructed. Mine last a long time. http://www.amazon.com/Wacoal-Womens-Awareness-Figure-Underwire/dp/B000T3I7BC

They come in up to H cup for most band sizes. Certain colors are only $40 now. :) Nordstrom carries them so you can try them on first.

34DDD here, after baby it's more like 36I-ish.

I call them my Circus b00ks :)

Anyway, I've had luck with Soma bras (although, I think 34DDD is as large as they go) and with Her Room (they go up to 34N and way larger). My Soma bras are prettier and have lasted longer, but I definitely go to Her Room for my nursing bras.

Good luck, it's hard having a small ribcage and big ole b00kies :D