Menu

I am so happy

TravelingChris

My dh is AF and while we knew we were moving this year, we didn't know where. SO dd applied to 10 schools, including 2 schools in Alabama. Now while we didn't know where we were going to be stationed, AL was really not on our radar list as an eventually when she was deciding which schools to apply to. Starting in the fall, acceptances started coming in. Slowly one by one, she didn't really like many of the schools she had applied to. Finally in later March, we flew down to AL and she visited two schools she did like. By this point, we still didn't know where we were going to be stationed. Finally, yesterday, the announcement came= we are moving to Huntsville, AL. If she chooses U. of AL, she now is getting a full scholarship tuition. If she chooses the other school, she will use her GI bill and everything will be paid. In either case, we will only live a few hours away from her at school. ALso, since Huntsville is where I really wanted us to retire, dh will move there, work as a military person for a few years, and then retire and work someplace in the area as a civilian. I get to really start transitioning slowly over to post homeschooling life. My youngest will be out of the house either in three or four years.

That is awesome! After all of the waiting and the angst and the not knowing . . . this is really exciting for you all! So glad that it worked out better than you could have asked or imagined. Reminds me of a friend that remarked in Sunday School one day (after waiting 2 years to sell a house), "God is never late. But he's rarely early!" Lol, that's the way it feels sometimes. :001_smile:

Many blessings to you all as you celebrate,

Lisa

Congrats to you--sounds like a great situation. I have a friend whose dh retired last year. She thought that since they were already in a situation like you describe--mostly civilian, small AF detachment, near his hometown--that it would be an easy transition. But she said there were still differences and it was still a little bit of an adjustment. Small things, she said (she didn't go into details), so nothing overwhelming. Sounds like you'll enjoy yourselves!