Menu

Anybody seen Hop?

My kids want to see it, but I just looked it up today and I don't think I'm going to let them. I've very conservative about the movies that they see. The website http://www.kids-in-mind.com mentions that they say this in the movie:

A rabbit tries to enter the Playboy mansion and tells Hugh Hefner (on a security speaker) that the newspaper says that this is where "Sexy bunnies live."

I'm just not even sure WHY that would even be a part in a kids movie.Who in their right mind would think that the Playboy mansion should be in a kids movie? I don't want to have to explain that to my kids....DD7 asks LOTS of questions about movie content.

My kids want to see it, but I just looked it up today and I don't think I'm going to let them. I've very conservative about the movies that they see. The website www.kids-in-mind.com mentions that they say this in the movie:

A rabbit tries to enter the Playboy mansion and tells Hugh Hefner (on a security speaker) that the newspaper says that this is where "Sexy bunnies live."

I'm just not even sure WHY that would even be a part in a kids movie.Who in their right mind would think that the Playboy mansion should be in a kids movie? I don't want to have to explain that to my kids....DD7 asks LOTS of questions about movie content.

This is what I read too so I have mixed feelings now about letting them watch. That is really crummy because this is so targeted at children. In the Easter stuff at Walmart it is all about HOP. My 6 year old is really into the bunny and it is going to break her heart if she can't watch.

This is what I read too so I have mixed feelings now about letting them watch. That is really crummy because this is so targeted at children. In the Easter stuff at Walmart it is all about HOP. My 6 year old is really into the bunny and it is going to break her heart if she can't watch.

:iagree:I am so tired of Hollywood putting sexual references in kid's movies. My kids really want to see this one too, but we will likely pass.

My kids want to see it, but I just looked it up today and I don't think I'm going to let them. I've very conservative about the movies that they see. The website www.kids-in-mind.com mentions that they say this in the movie:

My mom took us the day it came out and I didn't know about this or we would have gone to a different movie. My oldest didn't ask about it so at least it went over her head. The rest of it is fun. It's so sad that they felt the need to include the playboy part and it makes no sense!

Yup, we're skipping it too. Plus I read in a review that he poops jelly beans. That's way grosser than the girls need to be exposed to. :glare:

I thought it was okay, nothing great. DD8 liked it but didn't rave too much. Had I known about the playboy seen, I would have passed on it completely. I'm not a prude but thought it was totally inappropriate. DD3 fell asleep halfway through, but he's not much of a movie/tv kid.

We thought the bunny pooping jelly beans was pretty cute. I guess we are a little crude. :D

My kids and I liked it. I am also pretty conservative about what I let them see. We don't watch Shrek, never saw Happy Feet, etc.

I did not look at the reviews before we went, but the playboy mansion scene was SOOO inappropriate. I thought EB was also a little too concerned about the opposite sex for a kid's movie. That said, even my 11yo didn't pick up on any of it because he has no idea what playboy is.

We actually thought the pooing jelly beans thing was funny. I am not crude, but it wasn't too graphic.