Menu

Are you tall? How big is your handbag?

Excluding any diaper bags or totebags that are for your other stuff -- how big is your actual handbag/purse?

I love the trend of large handbags, but I wonder if they look silly on a really tall girl.

I'm 5'7 and have just abandoned my large bag in favour of a small shoulder bag, that is really a large wallet. Much kinder on my back, but that's because I just load up a bag until it is full, regardless of the size!

Min

I'm 5'9" and often wear heels. I have a big gaudy patent black leather bag with a silver glitter zebra print middle. Then I have a small handbag that has rabbit people in different outfits all over the bag. Right now I'm using the rabbit bag.

I'm 5'11" and carry as small of a purse as I can find ... but I don't like to carry a purse in the first place ... and I dislike the current "add all the extra metal clasps that don't do anything at all" fashion that is currently popular. Then again, I tend to be a function over form kinda girl ;)

Freakin' suitcase. I carry a lot of stuff. :D Crayons, work files, wallet, hairbrush, planner, notebook, book, pens, bandages (you never know!) (I did help a kid at a playground once!), Purell, chapstick, whiteout, Post-Its, my son's bell choir music I forgot to take out of there earlier, a couple old church bulletins. I'd carry the same amount of stuff in the same enormous bag no matter what size I was, but I happen to be 5'9ish. :) I can't turn around too quickly or I'll knock people over.

Every now and then I try to cram just the basics into a small purse, and I swear I feel naked. I need my stuff. In my very stylish gigantic red leather bag. :auto:

Seems we're all over the map on this one! LOL!

FWIW, I think a really big bag on a petite woman is very cute! It makes them look even more petite -- which I think is a good thing!

I think I'm going to just go for a bag I like, and I usually like something big enough to hold a kitchen sink. :lol: