Menu

Shouldn't homeschool conventions be about homeschooling?

Where did you find that? I've been looking for a list of workshops and talks....I can't find it. The link on the FPEA site is not active yet.

It was active as of yesterday, but doesn't seem to be today. Perhaps they are making changes. All I know is that the first few I saw were on things like the Muslim Brotherhood's plans for America and couponing. Couponing was actually offered 4 different times. Most of the rest were spiritually based.

Yesterday the links to workshop schedule and lecture/workshops descriptions were live, today they're not, but I had printed out everything last night. Here is the info:

Speaker: Lt. Gen. William G. "Jerry" Boynkin (one of the two keynote speakers)

Description: "Learn about the history of the Muslim Brotherhood, its objectives, how it is attempting to accomplish those objectives, and how America is responding."

FPEA's convention gets me more and more annoyed every year. at a first glance (I really haven't looked at all the workshops yet) there seem to be two or if you will three categories:

• Vendors presenting their products

• How to lead your life as a Christian, and (or if you will as a third category) workshops intended to streamline you politically to a certain view

Only highlight that I have found so far is a workshop by Rainbow Resource Center "Level-Headed Language Arts". Their workshops give an overview over all kinds of curricula and methods, discussing the philosophy behind each one. They're not out to sell A specific curriculum and thus relatively unbiased. I love their workshops. But as I said, it's the only good one I found so far.

Didn't SWB say last year or so it is time for HS conventions that really teach us how to teach? I totally agree. FPEA is certainly not going in this direction.

I guess FPEA felt the heat - the workshop schedule was off-line for more than a week, and now that it's back the Muslim Brotherhood workshop is gone. Instead it says "Title to Be Determined", same speaker, Boykin. At least one step forward (at least there's hope for that, who knows what workshop will be scheduled instead).