Menu

Advanced Language Lessons pre-order amazon

zookeeperof3

What grade is this new release going to be geared toward? The cover says Level 1....

There is also a pre-order option for The Complete Writer: Writing With Skill: Student Workbook Level One - wondering what grade for this one too.

Edited by RahRah

It has a really nice cover.

I would love to be able to peek inside of it as well, that could really help us determine whether it would be something we want to continue. I also am wondering if it is parent intensive like the other FLL's. Just some thoughts I have.

Edited by 12Stars
fixed some typos.

Advanced Language Lessons will be a four-book series covering all the grammar a student needs pre-rhetoric--my hope is that if you go through ALL, you'll then be able to go straight into a rhetoric program with only a grammar handbook, so that the focus during the high school years is on writing with grammar only as a supplement (rather than the other way around.) So it's "advanced" level one, but that's fifth grade (or later).

It should be available from us well before January 2012, and I will have samples online fairly soon. I also am happy to put a couple of weeks at a time online starting in the fall so that people who are finishing up FLL can make use of it.

More details coming a little later in the spring, promise.

SWB

Advanced Language Lessons will be a four-book series covering all the grammar a student needs pre-rhetoric--my hope is that if you go through ALL, you'll then be able to go straight into a rhetoric program with only a grammar handbook, so that the focus during the high school years is on writing with grammar only as a supplement (rather than the other way around.) So it's "advanced" level one, but that's fifth grade (or later).

It should be available from us well before January 2012, and I will have samples online fairly soon. I also am happy to put a couple of weeks at a time online starting in the fall so that people who are finishing up FLL can make use of it.

More details coming a little later in the spring, promise.

SWB

I'm not even close to needing it yet, but I think I should mention that you rock!

This is exactly my dilemma. I want to find something to stick with for longer than a year moving forward at this level. The only somewhat luxury I have is that my son just turned 9. So another year of FLL (ALL) and then switching wouldn't be a huge deal. But still...

What were you considering if you weren't going to use ALL?

I was considering Analytical Grammar as that is what my older boys are using. But the ds that is doing FLL 4 right now struggles with language arts but had done beautifully with FLL and WWE. If SWB will post 2 weeks at a time this fall I will be doing ALL.

I was considering Analytical Grammar as that is what my older boys are using. But the ds that is doing FLL 4 right now struggles with language arts but had done beautifully with FLL and WWE. If SWB will post 2 weeks at a time this fall I will be doing ALL.

Me too. I was looking at Analytical grammar, but maybe we'll go for Advanced Language Lessons, too. My dd12 has gone through the series up through part of FLL4. Maybe I'll finish that up with her this summer and do SWB's Level 5 this fall. Looking forward to seeing samples.