Menu

If you have a birthmark, say aye!

Sorry, but I had to. And if you need to blame someone, blame JustMe. She gave me the idea when I read *anj*'s chicken pox thread.

And aye, I have two. A patch of slightly darker skin on my thigh (my grandmother had the same mark!) and a football shaped mole just above my knee (same leg).

So fess up, you know you have one! :D

Yep. Big and ugly. I'll see if I can find a pic....

Found one, but it's not very good. I'll take another.

It looks like a bunch of purple dots, all over my left shoulder and down my upper arm to my elbow. Looks like I've been beaten with a pencil... or something. LOL

Sorry, but I had to. And if you need to blame someone, blame JustMe. She gave me the idea when I read *anj*'s chicken pox thread.

And aye, I have two. A patch of slightly darker skin on my thigh (my grandmother had the same mark!) and a football shaped mole just above my knee (same leg).

So fess up, you know you have one! :D

I have two-one on my stomach and one on my tush. Well! You asked!

Mimickry is a form of flattery, yes? ;)

And, aye. I HAD a birthmark. A sweet little mole on my upper thigh (just below the hip) which I always loved. Sadly, a dermatologist decided he needed to biopsy the thing several years ago "just to be sure". It was fine. No bad cells. But, now my sweet little mole is all lopsided and funky. Ah, well...it's still my birthmark, I suppose, and better safe than sorry.

Is there such a thing as a birthmark in your hair??? I have a small patch of hair that has no pigment on the side of my head. When I dye my hair it always fades away where this spot is. Not sure if this is considered a birth mark...

Aye. I have a huge one on the back and side of my thigh. I can't wear shorts without everyone seeing it. Thankfully I've never been bothered by it's presence. I'm convinced that it's where the dr grabbed me to pull me out as it's about that shape.

Both of my kids have what the dr called skid marks from a speedy delivery on the back of their heads.

Is there such a thing as a birthmark in your hair??? I have a small patch of hair that has no pigment on the side of my head. When I dye my hair it always fades away where this spot is. Not sure if this is considered a birth mark...

What you have is an area lacking pigment, right? I think that's called poliosis. A friend's cousin (boy, that sounds distant, doesn't it??) has a white lock of hair above his brow, and one white eyebrow. Otherwise, his hair is very dark. Striking effect. He happens to be in film making, so the white-dark thing always looks like something he *tried* to do rather than something he was born with. I'll bet yours just adds to your creative flair like his does! :)