Menu

Why didn't anyone tell me what I was missing out on?!

We've lived in our house for almost 9 years now and it had the original windows. (older house) Couldn't open any of them. They were either painted shut or too rotten to slide open. We got new windows put in late last fall. The last few days have been nice and warm (60's) and I've been able to open the windows!! MAN! I have been missing out! Nothing like the fresh air blowing through the house to lighten all our moods! I know it's a silly thing, but I am just so excited about it! :D

We've lived in our house for almost 9 years now and it had the original windows. (older house) Couldn't open any of them. They were either painted shut or too rotten to slide open. We got new windows put in late last fall. The last few days have been nice and warm (60's) and I've been able to open the windows!! MAN! I have been missing out! Nothing like the fresh air blowing through the house to lighten all our moods! I know it's a silly thing, but I am just so excited about it! :D

Fresh spring breezes in a house that's been closed up all winter are not a silly thing at all! They are refreshing and spirit-lightening and wonderful. I keep trying to open our windows here, but it's still a bit chilly for it and it's bumming me out :lol:

Enjoy your fresh air!

I would feel exactly the same way. :001_smile:

I have friends who are paranoid about their neighborhoods and never, ever open windows (or doors, if they can help it). I feel as if I'm in a tomb when I visit them, and if I am sleeping there, it's extra bad. :glare:

Nothing beats fresh air and nice breeze coming in.

Thanks for sharing your dollar savings too. Our windows aren't that old, but I'd love more efficient ones that I didn't have to lift to open or go outside to clean the weather battling side.

OH! To top that off...I can clean the inside and outside of them from IN my house! They fold in :D BONUS! And we've been saving about $100 a month in electricity. Double bonus!

Isn't it just lovely??

I thank my lucky stars every Spring and Fall that I live in Texas and the "open window" season is so long :)

We have friends, too, that never open their windows and by the end of my visits there all I can think of is how much I just want a breath of fresh air.

And there is nothing like waking up to the birds singing right beside your bedroom window. Sigh. :001_smile:

So happy for your new windows!

Oh, I love fresh air and open windows. I'm totally jealous :D

We have older windows too, and most of them have screens, but they don't keep spiders and creepy crawlies out well enough for me, so they aren't opened as much as I'd like.

I'll just close my eyes of dream of new ones now :lol: