Menu

Burt's Bees sucks! They changed their Baby Bee scent

Yes, they became a stupid company several years ago when they were bought out by a major "corporate" company. I forget which now, but Proctor and Gamble comes to mind. Don't let the name and labeling fool you....if you are into healthy, natural body products, Burt's Bees is not a good place to go.

Not the Baby Bee Baby Oil! That's my babies' scent! I'd get them so slathered up with that stuff after a bath they'd practically squirt out of my arms! Boooo!

I was afraid you were going to say they changed the lip balm. I would really panic then. I've worn it everyday for more than 15 years.

Not the Baby Bee Baby Oil! That's my babies' scent! I'd get them so slathered up with that stuff after a bath they'd practically squirt out of my arms! Boooo!

I was afraid you were going to say they changed the lip balm. I would really panic then. I've worn it everyday for more than 15 years.

I haven't test the oil but the buttermilk lotion is gone and is now "new and improved". Blech!

Yes, they became a stupid company several years ago when they were bought out by a major "corporate" company. I forget which now, but Proctor and Gamble comes to mind. Don't let the name and labeling fool you....if you are into healthy, natural body products, Burt's Bees is not a good place to go.

Clorox now owns Burt's Bees :glare:.

Guest Katia

I wondered what was happening. I bought my first two bottles of Baby Bees several weeks ago when I found the baby shampoo on sale for less than half price. There were two bottles so I bought them both. WOW! They smell so good......I've been using it for face/body wash in the shower.

I gave the other bottle to my ds who uses only baby shampoo and I've been trying to get him away from the chemicals in the 'name brands'. He loves it as well. ETA: Forgot to say they were selling off the 'old' bottles. Now I wish I had kept the other bottle instead of giving it to my son. I figure I could always buy more.....NOT.

I'm so, SO disappointed to find that they have changed this as well as the Milk and Honey body lotion. I loved the old Milk and Honey. I had dh pick some up for my girls at Christmas and it was....blech. Nasty smell and it leave a film on your body. They politely left them at home when they went back to college, LOL.

I hope they never change the old, old (I think it was their first product after the lip balms) carrot moisturizer. That is what I use on my face every.single.day and night. LOVE it. All natural and amazing.

Otherwise, I've pretty much stopped buying Burt's Bees. Clorox has "new and improved" them right out of my house.

Oh, no! That's the only thing we've ever used on dd... We've been stocked up for the last couple of months (my mom is insane about only using natural products and keeps us stocked, lol) and I was just about to go buy more. Boo. :(

I knew Clorox bought them out, but they were still the only baby shampoo/soap I could find around here without SLS. Darn.

Edited by Mergath

Yep--- the changes have been sneaky and subtle in scents and formula's by Burt's Bees after Clorox bought them out. :glare: There were some 'must have' items we used to buy----but after dd broke out in hives all over her entire body from a shower wash? Done. Oh----AND the fact that before Clorox BB used to have a very nice and thorough Gluten Free list, and their policy now is read the label and guess. Sorry----but I wouldn't expect any less from Big Business these days.