Menu

Carecredit

Have you heard of this? It's a revolving account one can use to pay for things like dental, vision, or veterinary care among others. As long as the balance is paid in an allotted time, there's no interest charged. With all the talk about the financial trouble some folks are having, I though it might be helpful to someone. I know several people who use it, so I know it's legit.

You can check it out here:

http://www.carecredit.com/

Have you heard of this? It's a revolving account one can use to pay for things like dental, vision, or veterinary care among others. As long as the balance is paid in an allotted time, there's no interest charged. With all the talk about the financial trouble some folks are having, I though it might be helpful to someone. I know several people who use it, so I know it's legit.

You can check it out here:

http://www.carecredit.com/

We used it when our dog (in my profile pic) suddenly needed extended ICU care and major surgery last May. We never incurred any interest because we've already paid it off, but we found it to be an excellent program.

astrid

I'm using it to pay our estimated 7K dental bills. Our dentist will pay the interest for 18 months--as long as we pay the whole bill and aren't late on a payment. It will be about 388 a month, and that is doable.

The kicker is that the interest rate is pretty high if you DON'T pay it in full in the allotted time. Paying roughly 29% is good incentive. You have to pay the interest for the time (18 months, 12 months, or 6 months) that they carried it for you, if you don't pay it off in time.

Use it. Love it. Same experience as the others. We pay it off before interest accrues. Two thumbs (and a bunch of fixed teeth) up! :D

:iagree:

Although in my case, fixed eyes. I used Care Credit for my LASIK surgery six years ago. I had no issues and would use this service again if I had the need.

We have it. We don't use credit for regular purchases ever but we have care credit because I have dental issues and on occasion have had huge emergencies that we just do not have savings for. Dental repairs are so expensive. Usually there is one year interest free and I get it paid off before that year is up.

The kicker is that the interest rate is pretty high if you DON'T pay it in full in the allotted time. Paying roughly 29% is good incentive. You have to pay the interest for the time (18 months, 12 months, or 6 months) that they carried it for you, if you don't pay it off in time.

My inlaws received an extension on the interest free time due to extenuating medical circumstances that were interfering with their ability to pay. They were very pleasant to deal with, not pushy and uncaring like other companies usually are.

The high interest rate and our financial insecurity level made me shy away from it. Neither DH nor I have been to a dentist since we got out of the service--except me to have a wisdom tooth removed, which was covered under medicaid; apparently having a tooth yanked when you're in real pain is the ONLY dental covered for adults. But those interest rates are much, much too high for us to risk it.