Menu

Oh, the irony!

My vacuum hose broke on my Dyson. It is $50 to replace it. Dh thought he would fix it instead. He was trying to pry something off and slipped, sending a screwdriver into his finger. Stitches, of course, and a bill for $160.00

He completely destroyed the vacuum hose so I still have to buy that.

So. . . $210 for a vacuum hose. :lol::blink::eek::smilielol5:

My vacuum hose broke on my Dyson. It is $50 to replace it. Dh thought he would fix it instead. He was trying to pry something off and slipped, sending a screwdriver into his finger. Stitches, of course, and a bill for $160.00

He completely destroyed the vacuum hose so I still have to buy that.

So. . . $210 for a vacuum hose. :lol::blink::eek::smilielol5:

Well at least he did it and not you. :D I know if it was my husband I would never hear the end of it.

:grouphug: and :lol: I understand. The last time dh did something helpful - he was trying to replace the cover to the dryer vent that is etween the 1st and 2nd floors. In his dress shoes on a ladder. Yep, he fell and we spent our entire Anniversary in the ER. I had even arranged for friends and family to keep the kids butit was wasted.

We needed to replace the tile in our master bathroom. My husband is very handy and has laid tile before. We also decided to install a heater under the tile. He did the entire job very nicely; looked great and worked great.

The only issue was that, when he was in the attic to work on wiring, he cut his knee on something. A small cut, no big deal. Except that a few days later, after trying several antibiotics and combination of antibiotics (he is a doctor), he had to check himself in to the hospital for three days of IV antibiotics. He also had to self-administer an additional 3 or 4 weeks of IV antibiotics after leaving the hospital.

Can't remember now what the hospital bill came to but, needless to say (but I'll say it :lol:), it was a VERY expensive tile floor. At least it looked nice and I loved the heated tiles in the winter :tongue_smilie:.