Menu

What time are meals at your house?

We don't use a set schedule a lot. Breakfast is at different times for all of us. I have to eat when I get up. Ds doesn't eat until later about 8:30 or 9am, dh has already left when he eats.

Lunch is around 1pm

Dinner is usually between 6pm -7pm.

We are TRYING to get a schedule but generally our days vary. DH and I are up by 5:30 and I make him breakfast (always scrambled eggs - it is what he likes!). The kids wake by 7 or 7:30 and I prepare something for them. We try to get a snack around 10:30. Lunch around 1:00 and a snack around 3. Dinner when Dad gets home, generally about 5:30. Sometimes an evening snack before bed at 8.

Breakfast normally ends up between 8-9

Lunch between 11:30-12

Dinner at 5ish

My 3yo is in bed at 6, so we need to have dinner early - or feed her something different. And if you are curious - she sleeps all night and is up normally around 7, but it's been getting light earlier and it's creeping earlier. AND, she won't take a nap ;)

And if you are curious - she sleeps all night and is up normally around 7, but it's been getting light earlier and it's creeping earlier. AND, she won't take a nap ;)

Actually, I WAS curious! Thirteen hours a night! Wow!

My 10-year-old son is going through what I fervently hope is a phase of sleeping really late in the mornings. No matter what time we send him to bed, it's hard to get him stirring before 9:00, even with encouragement. And, left to his own devices, he'll sleep until 10:00.

I'm trying to find the strength to insist that he get up earlier, but it's hard for me to force myself to force him. That quiet time to myself in the morning after my husband leaves for work and before my son wakes up is just so nice . . .

Anyway, with his current sleep schedule, meal times are looking something like this:

Breakfast, 9:30

Lunch (which is do-your-own-thing), around 1:00

Dinner, 6:30 or 7:00 (depending on whether which extracurricular my son had that day)

With the late start, there's not enough time between meals to require much in the way of snacks. My son will occaisionally have something after dinner, though, if we eat early enough to leave time for it.

We're not much on breakfast, but may eat when we get up and are getting ready to start the day. We usually eat lunch at noon and dinner at 7:00, when my husband gets home from work. On the weekend, we generally eat our largest meal of the day around 3:00, because we like to eat out together and like to avoid weekend crowds.