Menu

UPDATE: Ds16's Christmas present finally arrived that I ordered Dec 4th LOL

Tap

http://welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238507 Here is previous post about it.

Here is the jist of it: (summarized from above)

Dec 4 I ordered an item on Ebay from the UK (I am in NW USA)......I had no communication from them so the week before Christmas I emailed them a note asking about the item. They said they hadn't received my payment. I sent them the confirmation numbers from Ebay/PayPal showing I paid on the day I ordered it. They again said they didn't receive payment.

Dec 23 I opened up a claim with Ebay....then the seller sent me an email saying they found the payment and would ship the item (I still wanted the item).

Dec 29 Seller sent me an email saying they shipped it that day.

Feb 12 IT FINALLY ARRIVES LOL

I know there was a bit of snow but seriously, the middle of February!

That's crazy! Did they actually ship it on the 29th like they said they did? I've always heard that shipping from anywhere outside the US can take forever. I guess it's true! I'm waiting for a package from Thailand for the girls for Valentine's Day (teeny little Hello Kitty wallets off Etsy), and it's been two weeks. DH has yet to go get the mail, but I have a bad feeling the girls will be getting chocolates for Valentine's Day instead *sigh*

It once took SIX MONTHS for a parcel to travel from Rainbow Resources to Oman in the Middle East, I lived there for 5 years, and can assure you there are daily flights in and out of the country, lots of them. The funny thing is, the same time that one arrived, another parcel I'd purchased off Ebay at around the same time arrived from the UK. I always suspected that a whole bag of stuff had fallen behind the shelf or something, and just been discovered by post office staff.

A book I purchased and had sent to my sister (within the US) once took 2 months to reach her, although she had admittedly moved state (with the mulitary) in that time.

The postal service really does exist in a separate universe, where time occasionally distorts!

So.... did you get the refund? Are you keeping it, or sending it back?

I got the refund from Paypal. I will contact the company next week about resending payment. The package shows a ship date of the 29th, so it was 'lost in space' so to speak.

I do think that they should have expedited it; especially once they realized that it was their error. I will just make sure to never order from them again, which is unfortunate for them considering ds wants another UK game they stock. :lol: I will just have to find another vendor. Maybe if I order now, I will get it in time for his birthday...In August.

That's crazy! Did they actually ship it on the 29th like they said they did? I've always heard that shipping from anywhere outside the US can take forever. I guess it's true! *

Although I've heard people order from Amazon UK and have packages arrive more quickly than USPS Media rate mail.

Dec 29 Seller sent me an email saying they shipped it that day.

I have some friends in London, England, and I've had packages take various amounts of time - the shortest being a little over a week, the longest being over two months!