Menu

Toddler curriculum anyone?

Ok, I am not looking to teach my little guy to read or anything fancy like that!!! : ) : )

I just feel like he gets swept to the wayside too often, and I'd like to add some structure to his day. I am horrible about getting stuff like that done unless I have a box to check : )

Anyone have suggestions for an easy, fun, and free curriculum appropriate for an almost 2 year old? Something to work on colors, shapes, fingerplays, songs, Bible, stories...themes?

Thanks!

Have you ever looked at the book Slow and Steady, Get me Ready?

:iagree: That's a good one. I also had one by the Gymboree company called "Mommy and Me" that had mostly seasonal-type stuff - February's color was red, shape was a heart, projects involved winter weather.... It had stuff that could last from about ages 2-5.

Ok, I am not looking to teach my little guy to read or anything fancy like that!!! : ) : )

I just feel like he gets swept to the wayside too often, and I'd like to add some structure to his day. I am horrible about getting stuff like that done unless I have a box to check : )

Anyone have suggestions for an easy, fun, and free curriculum appropriate for an almost 2 year old? Something to work on colors, shapes, fingerplays, songs, Bible, stories...themes?

Thanks!

I really like the Rod and Staff pre-school workbooks[/url and these

Very slow, gentle and satisfies their desire to do school with the big kids.

I highly suggest the Toddler Theme Calendar.

It's so easy and requires zero planning, is themed by season, and simple. The book is set up like a calendar that you can hang on your wall. It opens to a 2-week spread of ideas. You can do every idea every day, a few of the same ideas over and over, or do everything over the week. Just glance at the calender and give your little one something to do.

The reason why I like it above all my other toddler idea books is that there aren't so many ideas it's overwhelming. Songs, snack ideas, and activities are all there without having to pick and plan out the week. And the materials are generally already in your house, like tape, paper, toilet paper tube, etc.