Menu

Any true to life authors here in the Hive?

I'm an aspiring, pre-published author myself. I was working on a short mystery story tonight. I'm done for tonight but have lots of work to do on it tomorrow since the first rough draft is due Wednesday! I'm also working on a novel but that deadline is further away.

As I was working, I just wondered who else might be a writer? Anyone published? Working on being published?

:bigear:

He's a psychiatrist, and it's not a textbook, exactly, but it's his answer to the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Psychiatric diagnosis). It's called Trouble in Mind: An Unorthodox Introduction to Psychiatry by Dean MacKinnon. It is written to psychiatric professionals, or interested laypeople. Thanks for asking!

I'm an aspiring, pre-published author myself. I was working on a short mystery story tonight. I'm done for tonight but have lots of work to do on it tomorrow since the first rough draft is due Wednesday! I'm also working on a novel but that deadline is further away.

As I was working, I just wondered who else might be a writer? Anyone published? Working on being published?

:bigear:

I don't know that she made the switch to the new board, but Julie Kenner, author of the California Demon and and Givenchy Code series used to frequent the boards.

I've had one article published but the rest is stuff I ought to write, not have written.

DH but he's a non-fiction writer.

http://www.amazon.com/Gun-C-J-Chivers/dp/0743270762/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296598781&sr=8-1

I have a few novels in me, but no time to give them a whirl. My old boss would say that real writers right no matter what. I think he's wrong :001_smile:.

Yellowperch - I bought your husband's book for my military history loving son for Christmas. He is really enjoying it - he's about halfway through. Tell your dh - he's got a big fan!

Yellowperch - I bought your husband's book for my military history loving son for Christmas. He is really enjoying it - he's about halfway through. Tell your dh - he's got a big fan!

:iagree: I bought this for my grandpa for Christmas and he is really enjoying it!

That counts, alright! How long have you been a technical writer? How does one even get into that field? Not that I want to go that route, mind you, I'm just curious! :^)

I did technical writing for about 12 years. (I'm not writing anymore now that I'm a SAHM.) It's a field I could get back into when my dc are older....

How did I get into that field? Um... I fell in sideways? ;) (Journalism major, but there really aren't many jobs like that :tongue_smilie:, so I applied at a telecom company which needed a writer & got into the field that way. I loved what I did, it's a great field, & a great way to make a living, imo.)

I'm a published romance author and I own an audiobook (and now ebook) publishing company - AudioLark. My audiobooks are carried on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Audible.com, iTunes, lots of smaller sites and in libraries in North America and beyond.

Up until now I've stuck with romance, but this year I'll be branching out to publishing other genres, as well.

I have a list of magazine articles to my name, but no book.

I have a couple of first drafts waiting for editing...someday...

:iagree: Me too. A few freelance articles in national magazines. However, hubs co-authored over 8 articles published in the American College of Sports Medicine Journal. :)