Menu

GA Snow and closed post office question

I'm trying to be patient and understanding, but for my sanity, could some one PLEASE verify for me that the post office in Georgia was closed for the entire week (1/11/11 to 1/15/11) due to the snow.

I bought something from someone who lives in Georgia (not through WTM) and she said she couldn't mail it the day I paid because of the snow. At the end of the week, she said that the post offices were still closed and she'd mail it out on 1/18/11, which was MLK Jr. Day...obviously the PO was closed that day. Anyway, I still haven't received it, which is really driving me batty.

Please, any one in Georgia or know one way or the other?

I am not sure if they were closed the entire week or not, but they were definitely closed for several days. Schools were out for the entire week, which has never happened before. The problem with snow in GA is that it warms up enough for the snow to melt. Since the humidity is high the snow does not evaporate so quickly when it melts. Then it gets cold again at night and the melted snow freezes into ice. The ice makes the roads very dangerous.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know...and I really appreciate the lesson in GA weather. It puts it into perspective. I'm in Colorado, so when it snows, by the next day it generally melts and evaporates from the roads because we have so much sunshine.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know...and I really appreciate the lesson in GA weather. It puts it into perspective. I'm in Colorado, so when it snows, by the next day it generally melts and evaporates from the roads because we have so much sunshine.

That's what generally happens here, too. But that week was special :D. I think we got mail for the first time on Friday, too.