Menu

Are you familiar with the Jeubs? Family with 17 kids .....

They have published a book, Love Another Child. They were friends of ours in Colorado Springs (back when they had only 9 kids, LOL) and are the genuine, real thing; SO friendly, SO fun, SO loving, SO joyful, SO hospitable. I miss them much, and look forward to reading their book. They also have some cookbooks designed for very frugal (but tasty) cooking.

ETA: I think baby **#16** is on the way, forgive me!

Edited by milovaný

Groan...oh, I hope their children's names don't all start with J. I don't think I could bear it.

Added later: I went and checked out their blog. Thankfully, I didn't see any "J" names. They do sound like a nice family; loved their blog entry about how to handle grandparents usurping parental authority.

Edited by Rebecca VA

isn't this the family that disowned their daughter when she got pregnant out of wedlock?

http://jeubfamily.com/2007/01/29/whats-the-end-to-the-alicia-story/

It seems the parents have aknowledged their judgment & hard heartedness and are working through this. No one is perfect. And it sounds like there were issues BEFORE she got pregnant.

http://jeubfamily.com/2007/01/29/whats-the-end-to-the-alicia-story/

It seems the parents have aknowledged their judgment & hard heartedness and are working through this. No one is perfect. And it sounds like there were issues BEFORE she got pregnant.

This part was beautiful!

We confessed our shortcoming to Alicia in a couple of meetings. We can’t tell you how incredibly forgiving Alicia was, as well as sorry for her past failings in the conflict. God showed us how He can heal relationships once we surrendered judgment to Him. God will judge Alicia–just as He will judge her parents–not on how accurate our assessments of our actions are, but on how we love one another.

I met Chris Jeub 10 years ago through debate. We both were on the founding committee for NCFCA...saw him on a TLC(?) show too. I think I wrote some articles for a debate book for him as well...It's been years, and having all of my babies killed brain cells...I'm sure of it, so my brain may be a bit fuzzy on all of the details.

We left Colorado Springs just as/after the hard stuff started happening with Alicia. Alicia is a wonderful, big-hearted girl (and now mom to two). I remember when Chris & Wendy took the tough stance against the choices she was making -- it was hard on everyone. What a precious thing to watch their journey to repentance. They have a close, loving relationship now with Alicia AND her children.

Groan...oh, I hope their children's names don't all start with J. I don't think I could bear it.

Added later: I went and checked out their blog. Thankfully, I didn't see any "J" names.

You're right, LOL. But did you see the pattern that they DO have? There is one, and there are two parts to it ....... (it started after Alicia and Alissa, although their names do follow one part of the pattern). :001_smile:

Edited by milovaný