Menu

Please pray for DH

One of his long-time work friends was fired today, without any solid cause, and DH is very afraid he's next. Like his friend, he's one of the most expensive development employees they have, and is willing to be outspoken when he feels it's needed.

If he loses his job, I don't know what that means for next year. I can almost certainly get a FT teaching job-but I really don't want one.

Praying here! And I second looking at the benefits package. When dh new the college he worked for (many, many years ago) was being incorporated into a larger university and his job would be on the line, he and I both went and had dental work done that we'd put off because he had good dental insurance. I also had my annual, had my anemia checked again, told the doctor that we might be going without insurance - he was nice enough to prescribe with several refills the stuff I took for my anemia - and had our eyes checked/new contacts and new glasses for me.

Faith

Life is an adventure, isn't it?

Just a word of advice...keep an eye on his benefit package. If you've been putting anything off that would go through his company's plan, be sure and get it scheduled and done.

I'm sure he already knows to show his worth in $$ when he does his review.

:iagree:

This was similar to our situation last summer. I scheduled every appointment I could for the doctors and dentist. When dh was let go we were still covered for 30 days, but it was not as stressful.

My prayers are with you. My dh was unemployed for almost 4 months and it was scary. It was difficult. One dd19 was even asking if she was going to be able to go back to college in the Fall. :001_huh:

Looking back, it was the best thing that could happen in our family. We were humbled. DH got a much better job without the stress he was under at the previous. He has more time at home. With all of the was a $22k pay cut, but life is truly better.

My prayers are with you. :grouphug: