Menu

Teachers Lounge! 1-17-2011

GOOD MORNING! Early opening today as I'm giving the kids a 'half' day and who knows what will be going on later!

What's for breakfast? What are you going to have for lunch?

Me: haven't had breakfast yet but will probably take the kids to Sardella's Pizza for lunch as they both have certificates for FREE pizza!

Are you schooling today on MLK, Jr. day or doing something else? Us: 'half' day of schooling. Daddy's home and mom is meeting with a client this afternoon.

What do you wish you could do today? Me: take a road trip with the family to a town about 1-2 hours drive from here!

Talk to me! :bigear:

I have no idea what anyone had for breakfast, because I was out food shopping. I'm guessing my husband made eggs for everyone.

I am schooling today because we've been knocked off course already for this trimester by a horrible upper respiratory bug, preceeded by a GI bug for 2 of us. We seem to have all turned a corner towards wellness, so it's catch up time. I wonder if we can cram a week's worth of school into 2 days? :lol: (We don't count days in NJ).

What I wish I could do today? Run 6 miles. It's on the schedule. I just don't know if I have enough stamina in my lungs yet to survive it.

Both kids are sick. So that puts all my answers up in the air.

Breakfast - eggs, toast for me. Kids have sore throats so it might be applesauce, yogurt and stuff like that.

School? We would be doing school if everyone is well. We might do school lite if they are able to do it.

Wish I could do? Get the entire house cleaned and disinfected.

Nono, maybe you could set your goal as 3 miles instead of 6?

Jean, sorry kids are sick. Let them rest and for school, just read. Then take the time YOU would have spent on school, if they were healthy, doing the disinfecting you mentioned.

I'm going to have to do some friendship development planning with my dd. She's 12 1/2 and discovering that, at that age, a friend you have had for several years may drift away from you. We're going to have to help my Aspie daughter develop strong friendships with a few other folks.

Breakfast: cinnamon rolls from IKEA (a very rare treat)

Schooling today: Yes - I actually had it as a holiday on our school calendar because DH has the day off, but he is at the dentist and then to his sister's house so we are taking advantage of the time.

A wish for today: To be with a friend who just buried her son - so sad :angelsad2:

Nono, maybe you could set your goal as 3 miles instead of 6?

I like how you think scrapbookbuzz! But here's the problem: I qualified and registered for the Boston Marathon, and am now woefully behind schedule on my training plan. This 6 miles would represent my long run for last week! :lol: I'm attempting to make up time by planning my schedule across 6 day weeks, instead of 7 (sort of what I'm doing to catch up with school too, LOL).

So far, things are chugging along here today, so just perhaps I'll get through it! The dog will be with me, so worst case, I can just "Gumby" behind her the last couple miles. :)

I like how you think scrapbookbuzz! But here's the problem: I qualified and registered for the Boston Marathon, and am now woefully behind schedule on my training plan. This 6 miles would represent my long run for last week! :lol: I'm attempting to make up time by planning my schedule across 6 day weeks, instead of 7 (sort of what I'm doing to catch up with school too, LOL).

So far, things are chugging along here today, so just perhaps I'll get through it! The dog will be with me, so worst case, I can just "Gumby" behind her the last couple miles. :)

Wow! That is so cool!

Breakfast: Cinnamon rolls from Whole Foods.

Lunch: I'm getting ready to make homemade spinach & green olive flatbread pizzas. Fruit smoothies.

We just finished school here. It took 3 hours, but we did take a 30 minute snack break in between some lessons. It was a good day here! :001_smile:

I might take the kid's to a cupcake shoppe and get them a treat later.

Lazy day here......

Breakfast was eggs in a hole. Lunch was leftover roast chicken and veggies and leftover frozen lime cream pie (yum! I made two so there is one left in the freezer!). The kids are eating the leftover graham crackers from making the pie crusts, with peanut butter. I wish we had some bananas to go along with that.

We are having a half day. We read a book about MLK today, and talked about his ideas. Our family is mixed and I think it is important for the kids to know about MLK. We watched Beakman's world......I'm counting that for science :) I am hoping to do a music lesson soon and then some free reading or educational games.

Wish for today? I wish I could take a nap......I'm just so tired.

Breakfast was bagels with cream cheese. Then DH asked DD why she didn't go out and play with her friends. I'd hoped to get some school in before she figured out they were home and out playing. Oh, well.

I have sewing I need to get done. 4 weeks until Estrella War. Eek!

Today is a blur -- I stayed up late reading and then got a call at 6:40 am from the heating oil company checking to make sure we would be home since they wanted to make a delivery. Grrr.

Breakfast: spinach-ricotta crustless quiche, a crockpot potato/onion/sausage dish that I am trying out, and chocolate chip pumpkin bread. And LOTS of coffee.:D

School today: Nope. No way. My health issues essentially turned last week into a half week, and we are taking off today and using tomorrow as a library and museum day before getting back to the usual routine.

What I would like to do today: Take a nap. And I fully intend to! But first I am going to try watching the Guardians of Ga'Hoole movie with the kids and finish up the laundry.