Menu

Goodbye, homeschool

I guess this is kind of a swan song. I have homeschooled for about 14 years. There was a time when my passion was a bonfire. Now, it is a candle that I am trying to keep from being blown completely out. Our oldest is in college. I am putting the high school junior in ps this January (she is bulimic and the stress of trying to keep someone up in academia and handle the special needs....lets just say it was TOO MUCH), and this fall, I am putting my freshman and 6th grader in ps too. Am I way happy? No. But I am way burned out. I worry for the two younger ones, but I may worry more if they dont go to ps. Thats how burned out I feel.

Just thought I would drop by. THanks.

Caitilin - thanks for asking. She is...the same. The stress that surrounds food is crazy unreasonable. Who ate this and who ate that. Whether she did or not, it stresses us all out. I constantly find food in her room. My other kids say she is purging still, she says no. Its so hard! She told me the other night she will contact Mercy Ministries (a free, Christian ministry to help eating disorders) - I will believe it when it happens.

Anyway, thanks ladies, for everything. Love and God bless- S

I guess this is kind of a swan song. I have homeschooled for about 14 years. There was a time when my passion was a bonfire. Now, it is a candle that I am trying to keep from being blown completely out. Our oldest is in college. I am putting the high school junior in ps this January (she is bulimic and the stress of trying to keep someone up in academia and handle the special needs....lets just say it was TOO MUCH), and this fall, I am putting my freshman and 6th grader in ps too. Am I way happy? No. But I am way burned out. I worry for the two younger ones, but I may worry more if they dont go to ps. Thats how burned out I feel.

Just thought I would drop by. THanks.

I understand your struggle and hope that this change will help bring much needed relief. :grouphug:

:grouphug:

May you feel supported and take in beautiful, deep cleansing breaths...

I cannot tell you how very incredible it was years ago when I had to put my oldest two in 7th and 9th because I was not handling 7 in school at the same time. We each have our own paths and stories. I meant so much to be encouraged here. I have had great experiences with ps and most of my children have excelled. The foundation years with mom are just simply the best. Good job!!