Menu

DH made me cry....

He has always been a bit bah humbug about the holidays. he worries about the money, his family is crazy, etc. But he knows I love Christmas. Also, lately he and my son, his stepson, have had a troubled relationship. Anyway, this was going to have to be a laid back, less expensive Christmas. The grandparents were still going to spoil the kids so it would still be fun, but we wouldn't be able to buy much. Well, my hubby just came home with a new computer for my son!!! He sold his late grandfather's ring to pay for it. It killed him to do it, but he figured his grandfather would understand. Just when the man was about to drive me totally crazy with his bad attitude about the holidays he does this!!!

I love him.

That is so beautiful!

My dh and our son have had a rough ride lately too. 2 days ago, ds was long boarding (skate boarding) home from the deli and some teenagers in a car didn't indicate they were turning- and he had to move fast and jump off his board. It was either him or the board...the board was run over and they drove off. Ds only got the board a month ago and loved it and was heartbroken but really handled it well. When he told dh...dh offered to replace the board. That meant SO MUCH to ds who had saved hard for it. ANd dh said to me...he just wanted ds to know how much he is loved.