Menu

I am shaking right now...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... my kids could be those kids-- sometimes when I am choosing groceries I am oblivious to them blocking the aisle for a second-- but I would certainly perk up if the other lady said to me, excuse me. I would make them move lickety split. You can't always expect OPK to respond to a polite excuse me, but you can say it to their mom.

Global sorry to all the people at Trader Joes that my kids have blocked with their little carts! :001_smile:

Yeah, and double sorry for when my dd crashes into their carts! She's enthusiastic but drives like her mother.

Since we are talking about rude people in the grocery store, I have to tell you what happened to me a few years back.

Okay, so my son wanted to spend his dollar that he worked really hard to get. We were at a grocery store for some reason and he was holding his dollar after I told him to put it in his pocket. Well, this really old lady walked right up to my son as we were looking at cereal and nudged him out of the way. I had no idea what was going on and just stood there and watched her. She started walking off but wouldnt pick up her right foot, she was just dragging it! She made it around the corner and she didnt know I was still watching and then she lifted up her foot and there was a dollar on the ground! She must have seen my son drop it and then nudge him out of the way, step on it and then drag it away!!!! It was sooo odd that my son and I just stood there and looked at each other and then busted out laughing. He was 8 at the time. We both agreed that that woman needed the dollar wayyy more than us, grabbed some cookies and had a movie night! They always say that you will meet your other half at a grocery store, I think I would run!

Sorry, just had to share!

I always say, 'excuse me' and so far I haven't had anyone be rude to me (thank goodness). I have had people look at me rude because they wanted to pass and I didn't realize they were there and then when I noticed them, I'd say, "Oh, sorry, and let them pass." but they look at me so mean:glare:. I was so into finding a good price (comparing) that I didn't notice them needing to pass, but if they would have said, "Excuse me." I would have come back down to earth and of course move out of the way.

Wait. Let's not do this. "Well I *carry* my baby, so you should too" stuff. What about people who cant' carry? They should stay home, I know, or send their partners to the store, or get a babysitter for the kids...whatever.

MAybe just go with it. Big cars or not.

Personally, I have never seen those big cars as an issue. I think they are cute. Shopping with kids is hard sometimes, even when you have one child tied on your front, and one child tied on your back, and two children tethered with Monkey backpacks. Oh! Forget I said Monkey backpacks. I know a lot of people hate those, too.

The list of things we complain about...my goodness...it's a wonder some of us ever leave the house at all. So it takes 2-10 extra minutes to grocery shop?

Smile at the cars, smile at the mommies...just smile. Tell the mommy how cute her kids are. How hard is this?

My participation in the stupid cart thread humbled me quite a bit...who the heck cares. Poor mommies. We can't catch a break no matter what we do.

:iagree: I'm 7 months pregnant, and I push one of those car carts with the car in the front of the cart, because it entertains my 7 and 3 year-olds. My 7-year-old helps me a lot with his sister. I find it harder to shop without him. Even then it seems it's always at least an hour in there. You have to do what works for your family, and at the same time be courteous. I'm always courteous to others and manners are important to me. I never blocked anyone. I am often blocked by regular carts!

:iagree: I'm 7 months pregnant, and I push one of those car carts with the car in the front of the cart, because it entertains my 7 and 3 year-olds. My 7-year-old helps me a lot with his sister. I find it harder to shop without him. Even then it seems it's always at least an hour in there. You have to do what works for your family, and at the same time be courteous. I'm always courteous to others and manners are important to me. I never blocked anyone. I am often blocked by regular carts!

:iagree:

I'm sure other shoppers would MUCH rather have me pushing around a big car cart with my little ones in it rather then having them running loose through the store, knocking down things and running INTO people. lol Really, those car carts contain the boys nicely and keeps them occupied. I can't imagine shopping with them any other way.

That said, I only use them when I am bringing my two younger boys shopping. When its just me and the baby, the baby rides in a normal shopping cart. When its just me and one of the older three, we use a regular cart as well.

Well said on p.1. OP, this person really did need to hear it from you instead of a someone who doesn't have or even like children. "Excuse me" woulda been okay, but when a person creates a 6' migratory version of The Alamo around herself, she basically has it coming sooner or later.

:lol: