Menu

What do you love to buy at Costco? I need to shake our menu up a bit.

Real maple syrup? (I love pancakes for dinner.)

For a snack, how about their hummus in the refrigerated section with the specialty cheeses and such.

Hmmmm.....most of the things I buy there are staples, so I don't know that they'd really fall into the categore of things I love to buy.

I luuuuuv the Tzatziki sauce found in the fridge section. It's great as a dip, or in a homemade gyro... or by the spoonful ;)

I also like the pocketless pita's used as a pizza base. They freeze well and are great with whatever muddle of toppings we have on hand.

I 2nd the hummus. They have individual serving packages also, which is handy for when you are out and about with the kiddos. One thing I keep on hand for quick meals is boxed macaroni and cheese. They have Annies Organic for a really good price. I buy Hormel Real Bacon Bits in a bag. Makes a great garnish for lots of things.

The thing I splurge on from time to time is a package of salmon burgers. They cook quickly and can be used many ways. We rarely eat them like burgers. My favorite way is to cook a couple and crumble them into a green salad, and add a can of black or garbanzo beans, some of the aforementioned bacon bits, and some crumbled blue cheese.

Oh, and I just remembered that sometimes they have pre-sliced sweet potatoes in the produce section that make great sweet potato fries. (Goes well with salmon burgers!)

I luuuuuv the Tzatziki sauce found in the fridge section. It's great as a dip, or in a homemade gyro... or by the spoonful ;)

I also like the pocketless pita's used as a pizza base. They freeze well and are great with whatever muddle of toppings we have on hand.

Ohhh I didn't know they had this sauce!!!!! My children will LOVE our next Costco trip b/c I usually have to go to the Greek market for it! Thanks for the tip!

corb

I luuuuuv the Tzatziki sauce found in the fridge section. It's great as a dip, or in a homemade gyro... or by the spoonful ;).

I had to stop buying the Tzatziki; I was eating it out of the fridg with a spoon! I love their meats. We buy their pork "backside" and cover it in spices (Fenugreek, Cumin, Chili Powder, Curry, etc. Let all mingle for a day or two in the fridg, then cook it real slow in the crock pot. We only used half of the meat at a time and still it lasts for at least three days of meals (lunch and dinner).

We also love all their frozen veggies and fruit. They make great stir fry and smoothies.

Speaking of Greek-- I looooove their Spanakopita, its expensive but it is a lot less time consuming than doing it yourself.

I like the Roasted Pepper Hummus.

We regularly buy:

Pretzel chips

meats

Gouda Cheese

Spring Salad Mix

Mexican Shredded cheese blend (so many uses)

Kirkland Breakfast Sandwiches

their bags of frozen tilapia for making fish curries, and frozen shrimp for making (my own version of) marinara sauce.

They also have a great selection of frozen organic fruits & veggies.

Their fresh tilapia, catfish, and other white fishes are excellent--never any fishy smell.

Mango Peach salsa! Mmmmmmm! :drool5:

Oh yes! Mango salsa! We also like the variety of specialty cheese.... yum... The chicken bakes are good (although i never buy the box, just the ones form the food counter)

We buy mostly staple things too, but Foster Farm chicken breasts, I like the price, plus each chicken breast is freezer packed.... The Salmon patties are a hit here at our house too... we love them, and my husbands favorite treat is shrimp scampi.... I love how it smells when cooking, but i don’t like shrimp... eeww...

The thing I splurge on from time to time is a package of salmon burgers. They cook quickly and can be used many ways. We rarely eat them like burgers. My favorite way is to cook a couple and crumble them into a green salad, and add a can of black or garbanzo beans, some of the aforementioned bacon bits, and some crumbled blue cheese.

Oh, and I just remembered that sometimes they have pre-sliced sweet potatoes in the produce section that make great sweet potato fries. (Goes well with salmon burgers!)

Gasp! I didn’t know about the sweet potatoes... sweet potatoe fries are a favorite here and we love the salmon patties too.... we rarely eat them on a bun ... they are just to darn good to eat w/ that bread...

better than drive-thru windows. Not mentionned yet, we get the Ling Ling Potstickers and Spring Rolls. The kids don't like the spring rolls but I do and it is quick enough for me. We also like the marinated tri-tip and the Galbi meat (some kind of Korean bbq).

Okay, don't laugh but we get the individual Kraft macaroni and cheese for my dd and the Smuckers frozen Uncrustables for my toddler. We also get the soy milk which is cheaper there than at Stater Bros (even when on sale).

Luxury items: the chocolate cake (hubba hubba), the lemon loaf cake (540 calories a slice!), and when they have it, their tirimusu (oh.my.gosh.)

When it's not fresh strawberry season, I think Costco's frozen strawberries are the best around. They have a lot better flavor than any other I have tried (including Trader Joe's).

We really like the Pubhouse Cod, which you bake, but it definitely has that fried-fish taste & crunch.

I love the potstickers. Yum!

I sometimes buy the big can of nacho cheese, take it home, and freeze it in meal-sized portions. It's pretty good drizzled over chips or taco salad, or sometimes I spread a very thin layer of nacho cheese over the tortillas before I roll up burritos.

I just realized that pretty much all of the unhealthy stuff we eat comes from Costco. Huh. I never noticed the direct connection before.

Still, it's all so yummy!

BBQ Pork (we slice it ourselves)

Chicken Sausage (Annie's I think it is called)

Tilapia (I don't eat it, dh does)

Mango Salsa (great as a topper on Tilapia or anything)

Garlic Chicken Noodle dinner (In the frozen food section)

Roastier Chicken (YUMMY)

Breaded Chicken Strips

Breaded Chicken Patties (easy way to make Chicken Parmesan)

Have to get with about each stop (GREAT deals on these):

Pineapple

Banana's

Treats:

Box of Duncan Fudge Brownie mix! YUM!!

Chai Tea (for me :) )

Love the All American Chocolate Cake (but only on rare occasions)

Kids love those peanut butter Nalley bars

And of course the staples:

Eggs

Meat

Cheese (sliced, bagged, etc)

Sliced Honey Ham

coffee

etc.

But next time I go I am getting a package of their chicken walnut salad in the deli/fresh meat area! Oh MY that is YUMMY!