Menu

Would you buy a Dora Backpack for a boy?

When my son was about 2 year old (maybe a bit younger), I took him to get new shoes. He found some pink Hello Kitty boots and fell in LOVE:001_wub: with them. They were cheap, so I went ahead and got them (slightly hesitantly). He put them on and walked through the mall with them. I've got wonderful photos of him wearing his pink boots with a HUGE grin on his face.

I'd say get him the backpack and enjoy his excitement :)

My 14-month-old LOVES Hello Kitty. He loves all stuffed animals, but he drops anything else for "Kee-ee" when he sees her on my shelf and won't stop pointing until I pull her down.

My ds knows, from SOTW, that purple is the color of royalty. In addition, he sees our priest wear purple at least on Easter Sunday.

Our UU minister often wore a hot pink robe. He was a big man, and you could see him coming from a mile away. :D

Edited by Mejane

SO........Did you buy it???

Not that I'm nosy or anything. :D

Cat

Yes. After searching-the-world-over because I refused to buy the one from Nick Jr because it is made from China and on the "Top Toys to Avoid this Christmas" list (it has somethinig toxic in it). I found an Etsy seller willing to make me one :D

To all of the Diego questions, he has no interest in Diego. The only thing he will watch is Dora. I think that Diego is more flashy than Dora and I think he likes the simplicity of Dora. He loves Backpack though and talks about him all the time. I really think he is going to love his custom Made in the USA backpack :D

Thanks for the encouragement. Ya'll are hilarious with your Hello Kitty boots, girly dress up clothes, etc. You made me smile.

I would! I'm glad you did and I agree with the previous poster- buying from an Etsy seller is awesome.

All of my boys have loved Dora. In fact, for the first three, their third birthday party theme has been Dora, because that was their favorite character at the time.

I've been often annoyed at the fact that most Dora merchandise is so girly, when the show itself is almost always gender neutral (we did skip the Dora princess special!). I never thought about Etsy for that- good call!