Menu

Am I being unreasonable??

She stayed home (pouting, no doubt) because the dog couldn't come with her.

And your BIL is still going to marry her? :eek:

Presumably, this precious pooch is too fragile to ever be left alone at home. I assume that, because it couldn't stay home today, it goes everywhere with your future SIL, including to work with her every day, out to restaurants, into rest rooms, and on rides at amusement parks.

Because if it doesn't, your future SIL is exactly what RemudaMom so eloquently called her... ;)

Cat

Should I tell her it's ok to bring her dog/child?

Ok, so I know it's not helpful at all, but the fact that you said dog/child cracks me up. Every time I read any of the responses in my head I subsituted the word "dog" for "dog/child" and giggled to myself. They can't be serious, right?!?!

PS...I think it's a little odd that anyone would bring their pet to another person's house unless 1) they were out on a walk and just stopped by for a chat on their way or 2) the homeowner REQUESTED it.

Well, as I figured, beloved doggie could not be left alone, therefore SIL did not come. BIL is here, so I'm sure there will be heck for him to pay later, as he chose us over her.

My only problem with this whole situation was that I was INFORMED the dog was coming, not ASKED. I'm sure it's petty, but that makes me feel manipulated. Had I been given more notice, we may have been able to accomodate the pup. Four hours before their arrival.....no can do.

I know I'm in the "dog house" for being so "mean"...even though it was my DH who said, "no" to the whole situation. Oh well, what are the holidays without some family drama???? :lol:

Good grief. You are not being mean. What were you supposed to do, ignore your DH ? I think it was rude to inform you they were bringing a dog, and even ruder if anyone said anything to imply you were rude not to welcome the dog.

I would tell them that your cats might attack the dog and you couldnt be responsible for any damage done.

We have 2 dogs and recently dh brought home a 2yo cat. The cat has completely terrorised the dogs and frequently attacks them (even while they are sleeping in their baskets). Other than that the cat is lovely. I woudl imagine if it is a little teacup dog, the threat of attack by cats might be enough to settle the issue.

Really though...no, you are not unreasonable at all and just saying no is fine.

Well, as I figured, beloved doggie could not be left alone, therefore SIL did not come. BIL is here, so I'm sure there will be heck for him to pay later, as he chose us over her.

My only problem with this whole situation was that I was INFORMED the dog was coming, not ASKED. I'm sure it's petty, but that makes me feel manipulated. Had I been given more notice, we may have been able to accomodate the pup. Four hours before their arrival.....no can do.

I know I'm in the "dog house" for being so "mean"...even though it was my DH who said, "no" to the whole situation. Oh well, what are the holidays without some family drama???? :lol:

Stand your ground. Your house, your pets, your rules. You knew what was going to happen--yes, this was manipulative and rude. It's not petty on your part; it's insightful. Hopefully this type of behavior will open bil's eyes to some deeper issues.