Menu

Ender's Game - what age?

I'd say ten. 12 or so would be better, but honestly, I wouldn't forbid a child of any age from reading it. I would just want to discuss it a lot. I'm fairly relaxed about books, and Ender's Game is a truly awesome book. Yes, it has some violence and such, and depending on the child, I would discourage them from reading it, but it is such a great book for discussion. There is violence, but there is context. It isn't gratuitous, and there is a strong morality inherent in the book. I think OSC is one of the best writers out there.

I'd say 12/13. Just because a kid CAN read a book and seem to enjoy it, doesn't mean he can actually relate to it. I love Orson Scott Card because of how well he developes his characters and the underlying ethical questions he poses. I think a lot of that can go over a younger kids head...

Faithe

:iagree::iagree:

As a book to read and enjoy, 10. To really get into it and tear it apart? 14-15.