Menu

Anyone been to Legoland, CA?

We just went this past summer and it was AWESOME! If you love Legos, you'll love Legoland. They have a place to play Lego video games, rides, and of course, a Lego gift shop. We're originally from L.A., so we go to CA just about every year and we plan on putting Legoland at the top of our "to do" list whenever we go.:)

Hope this helps.

Carla

We haven't been since 2004 so I won't be much help :D BUT on the way back to our hotel (we were visiting my grandmother), dsThen11 said tearfully "This was the best day of my life!"

I still tear up when I remember his not-yet-changed voice from the back seat.

He'll be leaving home for college next fall.

We've been many times as my MIL lives in SD. Go early and proceed immediately to the back of the park as the lines in the first rides will be really long but no one will have made it to the back yet. Your kids are the perfect ages for Legoland.

My boys LOVE it! They were disappointed this summer that we didn't get a chance to go. If you love legos, you'll love Legoland. (Dh and I went by ourselves to the original in Denmark and had a blast!) There are strict height restrictions though, so if you have young children, you need a good child/parent ratio. Some of the rides will only sit two, so if you have too many young kids and not enough adults, that could be problematic. However, they also have several rides that younger kids can do by themselves too--over three is probably a safe age to ride alone.

Legoland is absolutely THE BEST amusement park for short people!!! Your seven year old will have great fun, but the four year old should LOVE it. IME, most parks are designed for bigger kids, but Legoland seemed designed for the younger set. Your older will likely be able to ride everything. The littler one may not make it on one or two. There are rides, attractions, and a FABULOUS spray park area.

Hope you have a great time! I'm so jealous.

OOO, just remembered. There is now an aquarium next door. Last time I was there, it was scheduled to open in a few days. You may want to check it out online.

We just went a week ago, on a Wed. No crowds, about 63 degrees, less then 5 minutes wait for each ride. The perfect place for my Lego crazy 6 year old daughter. If you happen to get the Lego magazine, there was a coupon for a free kids entry with paid adult.

Biggest hit was getting their own Lego Drivers License (even for my 13 y.o. dd) but my youngest loved all the rides except a couple coasters she avoided. She did try one ride that freaked her out and the attendent promptly stopped the ride to let her off and then continued on for the other kids. Was very impressed as I don't know many places that would have done that.

Has anyone planned a trip to CA that combines Disneyland and Legoland?

We did...last September. We did Disneyland and then Legoland, but if I had it to do over I'd reverse the order. Legoland was fun, but, well...it's no Disneyland.

7 and 4 are great ages for it, though. My oldest was 8 at the time, and he was on the verge of finding a lot of it kind of boring, I think. When we went (Thursday in September, I think), there were almost no lines at all. We were very often the only people in line for rides. The only place that was a little crowded was the water area; but it was a very hot day, and we didn't make it there until afternoon. You should be able to cover the whole park pretty easily in a day.

We did...last September. We did Disneyland and then Legoland, but if I had it to do over I'd reverse the order. Legoland was fun, but, well...it's no Disneyland.

7 and 4 are great ages for it, though. My oldest was 8 at the time, and he was on the verge of finding a lot of it kind of boring, I think. When we went (Thursday in September, I think), there were almost no lines at all. We were very often the only people in line for rides. The only place that was a little crowded was the water area; but it was a very hot day, and we didn't make it there until afternoon. You should be able to cover the whole park pretty easily in a day.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info. Hard to decide what to do with so many options and limited time. I'm sure all our kids would love it but I'm not sure if I'm willing to take a day away from Disney.