Menu

What to use on big puffy hair, subtitled, WHERE'S THE SUNSILK?

I don't have curly or wavy hair, it just is.....big. puffy.

I used to use Sunsilk for poufy hair which settled it down. Then I couldn't find that kind, so I used the sunsilk in the green bottle. NOw I can't find any sunsilk anywhere!

I am not a person to flat iron my hair or spend all kinds of time working on it, which is why I liked the sunsilk.

But now since Sunsilk has disappeared, what should I use?

I use a Suave product called Vibrant Shine or something to that effect. Most products labled for shine coat the hair shaft to flatten the curticle and make it look both flatter and shinier. Redkin also makes a special product that is a clear gloss coating that you put on after conditioner. It costs a bit more but lasts forever.

How about some of the hair oils? They always seem to tame things. They're pretty inexpensive at places like Sally's. I'm a complete mess even trying to detangle my hair without my cheapie hair oil/serum, something. I've had the boo boos where I've used too much and it weighed my hair down but for the most part oils/serums just "tame" things on my hair.

Years ago I used "Kerasilk" by Goldwell. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Now if you get biosilk remember less is more. If you put too much on it will leave your hair greasy looking and well not so great. Now a bottle will last you a year or more. So, when you purchase it for $27 think of the savings. Also keep an eye out at JcPenny's salons they are always running a buy one get one free or half off. That is when I buy mine.

My hair has an annoying wave. Not enough to be a "curly girl" but enough that it it looks like I have a really bad, really old, grown out perm. Usually I start out ok, but the longer the day goes the more puffy/frizzy it gets. I recently tried Garnier's Sleek and Shine leave in conditioner and it keeps the frizz/puffiness under control really well. I think it was about $3 or $3.50 for a 10.2 oz bottle at walmart. You only use about a quarter size amount, so it will last for a while. My hair is about 3-4 inches past my shoulders and I can get away with using half the recommended amount.

Now if you get biosilk remember less is more. If you put too much on it will leave your hair greasy looking and well not so great. Now a bottle will last you a year or more. So, when you purchase it for $27 think of the savings. Also keep an eye out at JcPenny's salons they are always running a buy one get one free or half off. That is when I buy mine.

They have biosilk at JCP, thanks for the heads up, I would always buy at salons or beauty supply.