Menu

Another pet loss...

Some of you probably remember when my daughter's cat went missing last year for 8 days. He came home one day perfectly fine. Well, he has stayed pretty much in the house since then. He was meowing like crazy last Thursday morning, so I let him out , and he never came home. We weren't all that worried though because of what he did last year. He was neutered, but I guess they like to roam even if they are neutered. This past week one evening, I had this incredible sense that something bad had happened to someone in our family. I called everybody, and they were all fine. Well, my mom came to our house today and just as she turned up our road, she saw Oscar lying on the side of the road. He had been hit and killed by a car. And I think I knew, and that's where that feeling came from. Patrick went and got him and brought him home and buried him. My girls are hysterical, and so am I. Even Patrick has cried and cried. This is our 2nd cat loss this year. The first hurt, but not like this. This was my girl's baby. She pushed him in strollers and called me his grandmother. She dressed him and trained him to sit and stay like a dog. He slept in her bed every night right by her pillow. He had the loudest and gentlest purr. He came when Emma called him, and he was our talker. Those of you who have cats will know what I mean by that. He had the sweetest voice. He was a gorgeous boy.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you all would add our family to your prayers for all the WTM animals who have passed recently.

RIP Oscar Doodle Bug Jingle Bells Ensley

post-1032-1353508394003_thumb.jpg

Awww! I'm so sorry, Nakia! Some people just don't get how much pets affect us or how close they nuzzle into our hearts! I'm so sorry for your loss! :grouphug:

The weekend after Trixie died I made a scrapbook of her pics, her puppy collar and a clipping of her hair. Do you think that Emma might like doing that?

Awww! I'm so sorry, Nakia! Some people just don't get how much pets affect us or how close they nuzzle into our hearts! I'm so sorry for your loss! :grouphug:

The weekend after Trixie died I made a scrapbook of her pics, her puppy collar and a clipping of her hair. Do you think that Emma might like doing that?

She might. She was really hysterical for a while, but now she is just sitting and staring. She won't let us touch her or talk to her. She didn't want to go up to his grave. Of course, all this is perfectly understandable and normal grieving.

The scrapbook sounds like a good idea. I am going to have some of his pictures printed for her. And truth be told, she has painted and drawn hundreds of pictures of him. :crying: We couldn't have gotten a lock of his hair. He was a mess. :crying::crying::crying:

I'm so sorry. My favorite cat of all time was also killed by a car. I have had other cats since, and love each one, but Saffron will always be special.

I hope Emma feels better soon. Loss is great to those who have the capacity to love deeply; this is a wonderful quality, but hard to bear.

:grouphug:

How horrible! Your poor dd!

He looks almost exactly like a cat my brother had when we were kids. Her entire upper lip was white and he (being a small boy at the time) named her Mustache. That pic really brings back memories. They really do worm their way into our hearts. :sad:

:grouphug:

How horrible! Your poor dd!

He looks almost exactly like a cat my brother had when we were kids. Her entire upper lip was white and he (being a small boy at the time) named her Mustache. That pic really brings back memories. They really do worm their way into our hearts. :sad:

Emma called that spot his "kissing spot". Oh, Lord, help us.