Menu

Is there an October slump?

Because I'm sure feeling like I'm in one. We were going along just fine, then all of a sudden, I feel so drained and lack desire as well as motivation. My patience fades faster every day, I'm afraid.

Maybe it's just 31wk pg talking, I don't know. But I need to get out of this funk!

Yeah, I thought maybe just the season too. But, I'm in AL, not a major shift going on here just yet. And, this feels slightly different, something I can't pinpoint or express, just...different.

But, yeah, rather PMS-like LOL "just hand over the chocolate...shut up, leave the room and close the door behind you!! NOW!"

Yeah, I thought maybe just the season too. But, I'm in AL, not a major shift going on here just yet. And, this feels slightly different, something I can't pinpoint or express, just...different.

But, yeah, rather PMS-like LOL "just hand over the chocolate...shut up, leave the room and close the door behind you!! NOW!"

I'm in AL too. Maybe we are just sick and tired of not having fall like weather, lol! I really want to pull out the sweaters!

I agree about the PMS thing too.

LOL Maybe. Though I don't like the cold..at all!

We are only 2 wks back from our week long break. I can't very well take another yet. We're scheduled to go until the week of Thanksgiving now.

I think I have just been *really* trying to amp things up. We've been slackers. I haven't pushed the older ones as much as they need it and haven't worked with the younger ones...like..at all. So I've been really working on changing all that this year. It just so happens I'm also pregnant. Pregnant fatigue on top of home schooling mom fatigue..ugh.

I *am* thinking though about a schedule change. We always have Fridays off anyway, but, it is so I can go grocery shopping. I'm thinking this week...we'll shop on Saturday. Leaving Friday to just chill. Maybe even just a couple of weeks like that will help.

:iagree:Yeah, we're slumped, too... head spinning, still not "happy" with all our schedule/curriculum.. "am I doing all I need to be doing with all four kids at all four different levels?????" Monday and Tuesday this week were TORTUOUS at our house... a fight to get anyone to do their work... I was hating my life on Monday... it was ugly. Thankfully yesterday and today was much better...but I'm feeling the PMS-like thing, too and hoping there's an end in sight (at least temporarily) like real PMS!!

I'll just take my Chill Pill, now...or as my Grandma used to call it, "my quiet pill"...:chillpill:

Guest RecumbentHeart

I'm not the only one?! I've been declining in enthusiasm the past couple of weeks and ended up calling this week off entirely to do some reading for myself. The weather is wonderful here and DS has been spending the extra time outside.

Yep.

Everything is shiny and new in September. By October, you realize that you will have to do this ALL year. :glare:

We school year-round, so that we can take many days off in October to go play. It is the nicest time of year for we pale, freckled stay-out-of-the-sun people. Last week, went hiking at a state park one day and went bike riding another day. :001_smile:

:D Mine hits in January, but you deserve a breather now.

Because I'm sure feeling like I'm in one. We were going along just fine, then all of a sudden, I feel so drained and lack desire as well as motivation. My patience fades faster every day, I'm afraid.

Maybe it's just 31wk pg talking, I don't know. But I need to get out of this funk!

Yup--that's why we have a break the last week of Oct. That gives us motivation to keep going so we get our week off. And then in Nov--we have Thanksgiving off and then 3 more weeks until Christmas break. From the beginning until the end of Oct is sooooo long. I think that's where the slump comes for me.