Menu

Death Row

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Guest mrsjamiesouth

A death row inmate who was scheduled for execution slashed his wrists and was taken to the hospital to be treated and saved. They delayed his execution from Tuesday to Friday so he could heal. It is a death by lethal injection, why wouldn't they bandage him up a little and still inject as planned 2 hours later? :confused::confused: Why on earth would you pay tax dollars to heal somone you were just going to kill??

He is on death row for killing a father and 2 children while trying to burgular their house.

A previous case happened where a death row inmate took an overdose of drugs was in a coma and in the hospital, but a week later when he was recovered they executed him them.

Isn't it more cruel to save and heal them before executing?

I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with our humanity. That it is one thing to apply the death penalty reluctantly but out of justice and something entirely different to ignore someone in physical distress.

It is hard for me to explain.

I'm not sure what I think of the death penalty anyway.

A death row inmate who was scheduled for execution slashed his wrists and was taken to the hospital to be treated and saved. They delayed his execution from Tuesday to Friday so he could heal. It is a death by lethal injection, why wouldn't they bandage him up a little and still inject as planned 2 hours later? :confused::confused: Why on earth would you pay tax dollars to heal somone you were just going to kill??

He is on death row for killing a father and 2 children while trying to burgular their house.

A previous case happened where a death row inmate took an overdose of drugs was in a coma and in the hospital, but a week later when he was recovered they executed him them.

Isn't it more cruel to save and heal them before executing?

I think the application to some of our laws just come out strange sometimes. But I think there is something to the idea of not letting the convicted murderer get out of the punishment by taking their own life and making them still face the consequences. Also, I think when a person is receiving care in a hospital setting, the staff does not differentiate between whether the person they are treating is a criminal or just a regular citizen when treatment is given, they just treat period.

"Isn't it more cruel to save and heal them before executing?" As Daisy said

"Maybe it has something to do with our humanity. That it is one thing to apply the death penalty reluctantly but out of justice and something entirely different to ignore someone in physical distress." Who of us would want to be the one to deny treatment to an injured patient ? I think it is about us as a society. The death penalty itself is a whole other issue.

What I don't get is why they sterilize the site before the injection. :confused:

That does seem silly.How do you know they sterilize the site before the injection ? I wonder if they want it to be sterile just in case the prisoner survives the injection so they won't get an infection. But what if they, against all odds, do survive the injection ? Do they just administer another injection or would they say that receiving the injection, whether it worked or not, constituted the fulfillment of them receiving the death penalty, even though they were not dead ? I think they would still kill them.

Edited by Miss Sherry
spelling

I think it is more of a case of legal procedure. If he was allowed to die from neglect of care from his suicide attempt then the prison authorities would be guilty of neglect or murder etc. The prisoner's sentence was to be put to death at the hands of state and not because of neglect of care. Personally, in the interest of efficiency I think they should let him go but legally that isn't what the sentence mandated.

I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with our humanity. That it is one thing to apply the death penalty reluctantly but out of justice and something entirely different to ignore someone in physical distress.

It is hard for me to explain.

I'm not sure what I think of the death penalty anyway.

:iagree:

I think it is more of a case of legal procedure. If he was allowed to die from neglect of care from his suicide attempt then the prison authorities would be guilty of neglect or murder etc. The prisoner's sentence was to be put to death at the hands of state and not because of neglect of care. Personally, in the interest of efficiency I think they should let him go but legally that isn't what the sentence mandated.

Yes legally they have to give him medical care. The family or whoever could sue if they denied medical care. Silly but true