Menu

How to find hotel rooms for family of six

I know about vrbo.com and we have started going that route for our vacations.

I would like to be able to check around for hotel prices just to make sure I'm not missing some great deal (where I would actually have daily housekeeping).

The sites like hotels.com only allow you to search for rooms with up to 4 or 5 guests in a room. Surely there is a site somewhere that I can run a search for a suite. I know there are some on hotwire but I can't figure out exactly how to use that site to specifically search for a suite that would allow 6 guests.

Any ideas? I want to go to Disney in January. I am sure there are plenty of deals to be had then...but I'm not sure how to find them.

Marie

Comfort Suites sleeps six. Also, try the Residence Inn type places. They usually sleep six. I get so frustrated trying to make reservations for my family. I always ask for suites and usually find that those rooms only sleep 5! Why have it be a suite if it only sleeps ONE more person than a regular room?

Anyway, about Disney. Is there any way you can convince another family member to come? A good friend? They are offering free dining in January (most dates). But, to get free dining, you have to get a package deal - including hotel. Now, I'm sure you know that most places on property don't sleep 6 unless you want to pay out the yazoo! But, if you have a friend/family going, you could technically put one of your family members in the other person's room and stay at Port Orleans Riverside. They have rooms that sleep 5. We're doing that in January, actually. But, we had to technically put one of ours into my sister's room.

You could also get a suite at All Star Music (I think that's the one) and qualify for free dining. But, then you'd only have the counter service dining. (We like the sit down meals.)

We've also stayed at Windsor Hills. It's a condo complex very close to Disney. Rates are really cheap in Jan. Maybe you could rent there and splurge on the cleaning service during your stay? We're actually staying there for the first week of our trip next January. (We're going to run the marathon and those days are exempt from the free dining package at WDW.) Then, we'll check into POR and get our free dining package!!!

Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be!

We really love the Hyatt Place hotels. Suite like, but no doors between the rooms. You can get rooms with 2 doubles and a large pull out couch (about double size as well). Plus there is plenty of floor space, and the sink is outside the bathroom - no more waiting in line to brush teeth! They come with a coffee maker and small fridge too.

Prices seem to be widely variable. We stayed in one that was 85/night and one that was 130/night. Both included a decent free breakfast.

We find that free dining usually makes up for the price difference between staying on and off property at Disney (or even actually makes it cheaper). We get two connecting rooms at Pop. I share your frustration with not being able to search for suites on the big travel sites, though--I haven't figured out a way either!

There are a lot timeshare places in Orlando that rent the timeshares out when they are not being used. They usually come with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and washer and dryer. Last time we did this? It was only $99/night w/out maid service.

There are MANY online places. Check out "We Need a Vacation"

Homewood Suites.

I don't know if there's one in Orlando, though.

They include breakfast every morning.

They have a "manager's reception" supper every Monday through Thursday evening.

You can get a suite with two queens or two doubles (depending on locatoin) plus a sofa bed in the "living room" area. There's also a kitchenette with a full fridge if you want to pack your lunches each day.

We love them!

We are a family of six and esp w/ free dining just can't pass up staying on-site. We've only stayed off once at Springhillsuites in the Marriott village. It was very nice (we've actually stayed there a couple times as we use it for our first night in Orlando hotel and then move to WDW the next morning). The breakfast bar in the morning is great. Nice size room. Last time we were there in Jan we paid around $90 a night.

If you think you might be interested in staying at WDW though go to http://www.themagicforless.com travel agency - they are great and will help you w/ discounts, if the prices drop after you book they will fix it so you get the lower rate, you also get extras from them.

There are 6 of us and we always rent a house. The one we're renting next weekend was only $80/night for 4br/3ba. Staying onsite and renting adjoining rooms would be another option, although if you stay at a value resort you have to pay to upgrade to the dining plan since only the quick service plan is offered for value resorts. I agree that www.themagicforless.com is a great route to take. It would take a lot of the stress off of you!!!

Comfort Suites sleeps six.

We always stay at Comfort Suites. They are dependably clean, nice, and quiet. For longer stays try to find a place that rents off season condos. Through the Army we have used the Armed Forces Vacation Club and got a two bedroom condo with 2 full baths and a full kitchen for $329/week. I'm certain there are equivalent websites like that for non-military. No housekeeping with that though.

I look on-line - then phone the front desk of a place I want to book, and ask if I can pay for an extra person and a cot in a room - if local fire code limits how many folks per room then I ask for two rooms either connected by a door or across the hall from each other.

There is always the have a spare kid sneak into the hotel acting as if NOT with your family and meet up at the room...we've done that, too.

It is a pain, and more costly, traveling with more than the allowed number of kids :glare:

(don't get me started on offers for families of FOUR I get in the mail from Disney, etc.)

I just don't rest well until I've done a thorough search of all available accomodations. Vacation is much more fun for me when I know I've gotten a deal :001_smile:

Same here!!! Everyone always asks me how I find such great deals, and I tell them that it has it's cost ... hours and hours of research!!