Menu

Huge pimple on dd's nose - any suggestions?

Looks like it's "ripe" but I'm reluctant to pop it. Does anyone have any natural/non-invasive suggestions?

warm wash cloth

prick with a needle from the side

clean hands and use a wash cloth to release it

a dab of tea tree oil or other anti infective after

someone, somewhere, maybe here, suggested apple cider vinegar. it sounded odd. dd who is 12 has used it for a week and now swears by it. it can, but doesn't always, make a difference in the first few hours afterwards.

fwiw,

ann

Ann, is she using it as a facial rinse all over, or just spot treating? I'm intrigued.

Rhea

If it's ready to go I'd pop it. As others have stated, start with clean hands. Swab the area with alcohol. Prick with a needle. You can even 'squeeze' with two Q tips to be extra gentle.

ACV does work for mild to moderate acne. You use it as a toner after you cleanse your skin. Mix 1 part ACV to 3 parts water in a small bottle. Use a cotton ball to swab over affected area. Don't worry, you'll only smell like a sweet pickle for a few minutes. :001_smile:

If it's ready to go I'd pop it. As others have stated, start with clean hands. Swab the area with alcohol. Prick with a needle. You can even 'squeeze' with two Q tips to be extra gentle.

ACV does work for mild to moderate acne. You use it as a toner after you cleanse your skin. Mix 1 part ACV to 3 parts water in a small bottle. Use a cotton ball to swab over affected area. Don't worry, you'll only smell like a sweet pickle for a few minutes. :001_smile:

:iagree:

dd uses it full strength once a pimple appears, and its amazing!

I agree with sanitizing, lancing with a needle and then using benzoyl peroxide. If you dab with benzo several times a day, it will clear up fairly quickly even if it hasn't come to a head. I have had several that went away entirely without surfacing at all just using the benzo and I have sensitive skin. Ordinarily I use beta hydroxy - salicylic acid as it is much gentler on skin but if I have a problem area I will use the benzo on just that spot until it clears up.

I vaguely remember some tip about putting toothpaste on a pimple to dry it up some.

I do this when I get them too! Use the gel kind and Crest works best. I never have any luck with Colgate. Oh, put it on and let her 'sleep' with it on. Then in the AM it will either be ready to pop or gone down.

Edited by golfcartmama
add