Menu

New favorite ice cream

Haven't tried that flavor but just today at our GA Kroger I was able to get Graeters. If you've lived in the Cincinnati area you'll know Graeters. Super yummy, smooth flavor, chewy melty chocolate chunks in the "chip" versions. It's the best!

My favorite Blue Bell flavor was Birthday Cake (I think that was the name). But I think it's been changed a bit and given a new name because I can't find it anymore.

Graeters is my favorite, but Blue Bell is next! I think I'll have to try Vanilla Cookies because I love vanilla and vanilla cookies and Blue Bell!

Cinder

Ooooo! Can I play???

Dd said she wanted to make a pie. I asked her what kind.

"Cherry Chip!"

No recipes online, so I made an ice cream pie:

Chocolate graham crust (purchased).

Mix 1/4c cherry chips + 1/4c mini chocolate chips. Sprinkle on bottom of crust.

Spoon Cherry nut ice cream into the crust until it is mounded. Be generous. Wait until it gets "soft and melty" but not melted. Spread with a knife to even out the holes. Place in freezer to re-freeze.

Cut 4-5 marachino cherries in half. Save for decorating.

Cover with chocolate frosting. Press cherries into the frosting. Pipe leaves of the "cherry flowers" with green frosting. Refreeze.

Loverboy has already asked me to make a second one, and we just finished the first!!!

Mine is Timboon's Turkish Delight, and it's way better than real Turkish Delight. Ner, ner, I bet you guys can't get it! Oh, some other brand's coconut and lime is pretty darn good too. I know there is some raw vegan ice cream about, but I haven't had the opportunity to try yet. :(

:)

Rosie

Turkey Hill chocolate. It's one of about 3 things I'm going to miss if we ever move back to the South.

It's extra-good with some mint Oreo's crushed up and mixed in, Cold Stone style. Mmm... am I allowed to have ice cream for lunch?

... count on the pregnant lady to find the ice cream post... :blush:

OHHH, that sounds yummy!!!!!

Ooooo! Can I play???

Dd said she wanted to make a pie. I asked her what kind.

"Cherry Chip!"

No recipes online, so I made an ice cream pie:

Chocolate graham crust (purchased).

Mix 1/4c cherry chips + 1/4c mini chocolate chips. Sprinkle on bottom of crust.

Spoon Cherry nut ice cream into the crust until it is mounded. Be generous. Wait until it gets "soft and melty" but not melted. Spread with a knife to even out the holes. Place in freezer to re-freeze.

Cut 4-5 marachino cherries in half. Save for decorating.

Cover with chocolate frosting. Press cherries into the frosting. Pipe leaves of the "cherry flowers" with green frosting. Refreeze.

Loverboy has already asked me to make a second one, and we just finished the first!!!

Turkey Hill chocolate. It's one of about 3 things I'm going to miss if we ever move back to the South.

Where in the south? I'm in GA and have just recently spotted Turkey Hill in the ice cream section at my local Kroger. I've never had it, hadn't heard of it before, but the name caught my eye. Are their other flavors good? I don't care for chocolate.

Cinder

I had an ice cream when I was a kid that I LOVED! It was peanut butter cookie dough.

I looked for it, and I can't find it ANYWHERE! I guess it used to be made by a company called Mayfield's, but they don't make that flavor anymore.

Peanut butter cookie dough and ice cream... YUM!

I had an ice cream when I was a kid that I LOVED! It was peanut butter cookie dough.

I looked for it, and I can't find it ANYWHERE! I guess it used to be made by a company called Mayfield's, but they don't make that flavor anymore.

Peanut butter cookie dough and ice cream... YUM!

I've bought that kind at Kroger. It was store brand, and it was GREAT!

It's extra-good with some mint Oreo's crushed up and mixed in, Cold Stone style. Mmm... am I allowed to have ice cream for lunch?

... count on the pregnant lady to find the ice cream post... :blush:

We used to get Turkey Hill in PA at the Turkey Hill ice cream parlor. You can get it in grocer's freezers in the south. I like Tin Roof Sundae. That was the first flavor of theirs I've tried.

A new ice cream shop opened not too far from home (well, too far to walk, which is a good thing) last month. They had me at Caramel with Salted Chocolate. It was every bit as good as it sounds.

Homemade cherry ice cream. We didn't get many cherries off our tree this year, but we're now all watching to see how much growth it puts on and dreaming about the ice cream we'll get out of it next year.

And I really like green tea ice cream -- except that I discovered I'm allergic to tea. Darn.