Menu

Favorite Geography Game?

Well it's stupid expensive, but my dd loves her GeoSafari Talking Globe. I got it on clearance as it was an older model. Now they have other kinds of technology quizzing things like that. It's fun, something she can do by herself or interactive with others (her father, etc.). We have board games, but when you have only one dc, they aren't as likely to get played, lol. This electronic thing can get used any time.

I ordered it for his birthday. Phew! One less thing on my to-do list :tongue_smilie:

I hope that he likes it. There is one card in the game that we always try to get rid of, and then we all laugh likes loons when we get to give it away to someone else. It's a card that looks like Pat from the old Saturday Night Live show!

--Dawn

But we love The Global Puzzle. The shapes are the shapes of the countries. I think that is so valuable! They also have The Global Animal Puzzle. This may be a better hit with younger kids, or animal fanatics.

My ds7.5 loves The Global Puzzle! It is visual, tactile and kinesthetic. And, since we talk about it as we do it, it is also auditory!:D

Hi,

My kids and I love "Mad Dash" for study of American states. You race to collect cards of adjoining states and in the process learn where there are located. There are two levels of play so as the kids learn more, the game can grow with them. This is fairly inexpensive (around $13-14 I think?).

Hope this helps.

Pam

I hope that he likes it. There is one card in the game that we always try to get rid of, and then we all laugh likes loons when we get to give it away to someone else. It's a card that looks like Pat from the old Saturday Night Live show!

--Dawn

"It's time for androgyny..." LOL :laugh:

My kids love the 10 Days in... games (we have Africa and Europe), and also Where in the World?

I've looked at MapTangle; it looks fun and I *almost* put it in my online cart the other day, but then I took it back out. For those that have this - do you play it often? Do your kids enjoy it?

Shelly