Menu

What shows do you really, really want released on DVD?

I just mentioned Friday Night Lights in a thread asking for TV on DVD recommendations, which made me think of Kyle Chandler, which reminded me how much I wish they would release Homefront on DVD. I used to watch it in high school. It was essentially a nighttime soap opera about life immediately after WWII (featuring a very young Kyle Chandler; also that guy with gray hair from Mad Men, who I guess was also much younger but looked exactly the same), and I loved it.

My other one is I'll Fly Away, another period drama--about the early 60's and the civil rights movement.

Fresno - the miniseries from the mid-'80s starring Carol Burnett. It was making fun of Dallas & Dynasty and was HILARIOUS. When we moved to Fresno in 2000, I searched for the video in vain. 10 years later, we no longer live in Fresno, but I sure wish I could see that show again.

* The rest of the Young Riders series (only 1 came out a few years ago)

* Relativity (loved this show with Isabell and Leo who met in Italy and was so incredibly romantic), from the creators of "Thirtysomething" and "My So Called Life".

* Men in Trees

* Life Goes On (later seasons with Jesse the boy suffering from AIDS)

* China Beach (loved this show, made me want to be a nurse) I always wanted Colleen McMurphy and Dodger to get together on the show !)

* The 5 made for tv movies with Alex McArthur in the Desperado series !

Edited by Momma2Many66

Fresno - the miniseries from the mid-'80s starring Carol Burnett. It was making fun of Dallas & Dynasty and was HILARIOUS. When we moved to Fresno in 2000, I searched for the video in vain. 10 years later, we no longer live in Fresno, but I sure wish I could see that show again.

Oh my gosh, that show was HYSTERICAL!!! I can still see Carol Burnett sitting backwards in that station wagon she was using as a limo. :lol: And, my husband's favorite line from that...."It was Kane we should have killed!"....while what's his name was standing in the police station.

Diane W.

married for 22 years

homeschooling 3 kiddos for 16 years

The Vacant Lot, though some kind soul has uploaded many of their sketches and even entire episodes to YouTube... including this hilarious send up of

I just mentioned Friday Night Lights in a thread asking for TV on DVD recommendations, which made me think of Kyle Chandler, which reminded me how much I wish they would release Homefront on DVD. I used to watch it in high school. It was essentially a nighttime soap opera about life immediately after WWII (featuring a very young Kyle Chandler; also that guy with gray hair from Mad Men, who I guess was also much younger but looked exactly the same), and I loved it.

My other one is I'll Fly Away, another period drama--about the early 60's and the civil rights movement.

I've been thinking about both those shows lately!

Guest Cindie2dds

Oh, I loved Homefront! My mom and I sat down to watch it together when it came on. I am going to keep a look out for that one. Thanks for the reminder. :)