Menu

Do you only wear KEEN sandals that match your clothing?

I'm wanting to buy a pair of Keen sandals- either their Newport H2 or Venice H2. Some of them come in colorful shades of citron (green), red, orange, blue, etc... For those of you who wear Keens, do you stick with neutrals for the sandals so they will match more clothing or does it not matter to match them?

Edited by Anna

While I'm here, I'm also wondering if they run true to size or if they run small? I read at Zappos where felt that the Newport and Venice ran a half size smaller than marked.

Edited by Anna

I have no fashion sense so I wear my Keens with everything.

I am the same! I have the green ones and they are great. I wear them all the time. I don't know about the size -- mine seem to fit true to size but I'm never sure what size my feet are. 7 or 7.5

Mine are green. I wear them with everything. Sometimes they even match what I'm wearing!

They seem to run true to size for me, though now that I think of it, I went to get them fitted in the store before my dh ordered them from who knows where.

My Keens sandals (Newports) are my favorite pair of shoes. When I put them on for the first time, I didn't want to take them off, and I am a barefoot kind of gal.

Cat

Well I just bought a green pair and I ordered in a half size larger than my usual size. That's what many of the reviewers said they did and the girl on the phone suggested the same thing. I hope the green looks OK with all my clothes.

Thank you ladies. And did I say how much I heart Zappos? My shoes will be here day after tomorrow, on Friday.

DS has two pair this summer - aqua blue and PURPLE! He wears them with everything. Both colors were his choice this past spring when they went on sale. Even with such strange colors, they always look great with whatever he has on :001_smile:.

His seem to run true to size.

I always go with neutrals for shoes so that they go with everything because I usually only have one or two pairs of shoes. All of my girls, however, feel that shoes much match clothing. I found one pair of athletic shoes that had a little plastic pouch on each shoe and about ten different plastic slides of different colors that you could put in to change the trim color of the shoes. Those were great. I also made each of them get a pair of denim skater type shoes because they always wear jeans so those shoes will always match the jeans at least.

I don't match mine, but I have to confess that I rarely match things anymore. :001_smile:

I'm just so happy about how great they feel. I'd wear them anywear, anytime--without regard to fashion because they are so comfy.

:iagree: That's me too. Mine are purple and I don't care what they match - or don't. I've had these for 3 years now and they are just as comfy as the first day.

I have Newport H2s that are purple. I wear them with just about everything!

:iagree:My Keens are purple. I wear them with everything. But then I only wear certain colors: Black, white, blues, pinks, purples. So they do pretty much go with everything I own.

May I post just to say--- I love Zappos and I love my new, green Newport Keens. I did buy them a half size larger as many customers recommended and the Zappos gal on the phone who took my order recommended the same.

For a number of years I wore green birkies if I didn't have a pair that matched what I was wearing. I believed that since green matches the grass, it always works.

I'd still make that argument, tho' my green pair (and the blue, and three brown, and the red) pairs have died since then. . .

So, now I wear my brilliant purple suede birkies with anything I happen to have on. Not that they match the grass. . . but, well, they are just pretty and I don't care. ;)

I'm just so happy about how great they feel. <snipped> they are so comfy.

Have any of you compared Keens to Teva sandals? I've never tried Keens and was about to go pick out a pair of Tevas b/c when I tried them on in a store over a yr. ago, it was like heaven on my feet. Does one last longer than the other?